Hey there everyone:

Check out our puzzle game and new site at:

www.thephorse.net/programs/magnablock_install_v1.0.exe

let me know what you think of the game!

-Aymes

GfK(Posted 2004) [#2]
let me know what you think!
OK...

1) Put direct links here so people don't have to search through your site for it.

2) Lose the silly mouse pointer on your site.

Aymes(Posted 2004) [#3]
1) ok yeah i was being lazy
2) no

GfK(Posted 2004) [#4]
Well, please yourself. But it *does* look tacky.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#5]
I don't get a silly cursor on the site (I use firefox).

9572AD(Posted 2004) [#6]
Well, this may sound harsh, but:

1) I ain't downloading 10 meg for a puzzle game demo. I've got Cable, but that just seems sloppy.

2) You seriously need to spell check the blurb on the game's page.

3) You seriously need to rewrite the blurb on the game's page. "The game remains a timeless classic"?!? I'll agree with timeless - 'cuz it hasn't been around for any length of time. "Magna Block excells[sic] in that it forces
the user to think laterally as well as literally." What does that even mean?

The game itself doesn't look like a bad effort, but, as I said, I can't be bothered with a 10Mb puzzle demo.

Aymes(Posted 2004) [#7]
fair enough comments i suppose but damn, do you guys actually play games or just look at web sites?

10mb is big yeah but we wanted it to look good.

Warren(Posted 2004) [#8]
If you expect to sell the game, the web site needs to be in place and solid. Spelling mistakes, comet cursors and other stupid crap will turn people away.

Aymes(Posted 2004) [#9]
Woah more harsh website comments.

Well again fair enough comments about the site. Spelling yes, i'll be getting right onto that.

Comet cursor? well I didnt design the website myself and i dont actually get this...i guess its only for people who still use MS crap.

I guess we're just excited about actually finishing a game so we didnt worry as much about the site :)

9572AD(Posted 2004) [#10]
It's some sort of bouncy string of dots. Didn't bother me, but I may be alone on that one. :)

Aymes(Posted 2004) [#11]
hahah weird Mark just told me what it is, i can see how that would be annoying, i'll get it taken out ^_^

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#12]
I did actually download the game (and played it).
I'm not a huge puzzle game fan, but it was mildly enjoyable (for a time), but like most puzzle games it became a bit dull and mindless.

A question I would have to ask is, why pay $15 for some more levels, music and graphics if the game doesn't get any more challenging/fun?

(I'm assuming that the game concept remains the same through the 13 levels that you get when you pay, if not you might want to say that also.)

I'm perhaps sounding a tad negative, but it's an opinion (and hey, at least it's about the game).

Aymes(Posted 2004) [#13]
Well the game actually does get tougher as the levels increase, because the speed increases, and instead of having 6 kinds of tiles to match up, you will have 7. I think you have a point though, i'll make sure that its mentioned on the site. youre right though, the game concept does remain the same... but then again you can say that of streetfighter and doom 3 as well, and people seem to be happy to pay for that. ;)

Thanks for actually commenting on the game though, after all we're a games company, not a website company! ;)

Warren(Posted 2004) [#14]
Comet cursor? well I didnt design the website myself and i dont actually get this...i guess its only for people who still use MS crap.

The vast majority of your customers are going to be using "MS crap". I'd suggest checking that attitude at the door.

Aymes(Posted 2004) [#15]
A point of view, and possibly correct. I have actually take this wormy thing whatever it was out.

But please dont tell me what attitude to have, i think a lot more people are using non MS browsers these days.

Warren(Posted 2004) [#16]
But please dont tell me what attitude to have, i think a lot more people are using non MS browsers these days.

Then you are deluded.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2004) [#17]
As epic boy says. IE is the most popular a quick look at my website stats show.

Internet Explorer 6.x - 91.92%
Internet Explorer 5.x - 5.05%
Netscape 5.x - 3.03%

Remember 95% of the people who will buy or downlaad your game are not like most people here, they are casual gamers and have no idea there are other browers out there.

Any ways my comments. Well none on the game cus in on 56k so spending a hour downloading a game is not what I like to do... which would be the attitude of there 56kers.

The site I thought was OK a bit slow loading though.

if you dont now of www.dexterity.com then take a look at there Developers section, there are loads of usful articals about how to market a game and what makes people buy a game.

A nice website with lots of info an a game, a forum and contact details is a must if you want sell a game to the public, a website is your shop, if they dont like the window display they wont come in. ;)

Aymes(Posted 2004) [#18]
Blimey, what are you lot like eh?

Ok, Ive Fixed the site (like i said in my last post of 11 hours ago).

Yes its a big download, you dont want to download it, fine.

Will other people? Maybe maybe not, I understand that 10mb is a lot for people who wont pay for a higher speed (or cant get it) but we decided we wanted to include nearly everything we made for it.

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#19]
Jesus, what a negativity over here.
Just play the friggin demo or not! He's kind enough to post it already!