Make War!

Community Forums/Showcase/Make War!

Doggie(Posted 2004) [#1]
OK. Just a preliminary screenshot to give you an idea.
I'm making a one level demo first but the grand design
is creating a WW2 war game construction kit.

The sprite army has formed a circle to make themselves easier to kill! Guess the AI needs a little work...

Steve C ™(Posted 2004) [#2]
Looks really cool :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#3]
The topic title kind of shocked me since I thought you are quoting Osma Bin Ladin, but the screenie looks very nice. Probably the terrain needs some mountains to make tactical ops even more fun. Good luck!

Doggie(Posted 2004) [#4]
Osama? I didn't realize that was a quote...I just thought it was a good name for this since the overall concept is not only playing battles but creating them. I've got a long ways to go but hopefully this first step on the path will go well and considering I already have a level editor(HomeSpun) modifying it for the needs of the game shouldn't be all that hard, mostly grunt work.
I figure if I get the gameplay sorted in this demo level that'll be half the battle...

Synchronist(Posted 2004) [#5]
"I figure if I get the gameplay sorted in this demo level that'll be half the battle..."

Is that a pun? 8^)

Dustin(Posted 2004) [#6]
It's looking pretty cool, but your line "The sprite army has formed a circle to make themselves easier to kill!" cracks me up every time I read it. I love it, AI with a death wish!

Doggie(Posted 2004) [#7]
=)