Tri Tiles 2 - beta (help)

Community Forums/Showcase/Tri Tiles 2 - beta (help)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi guys.
Download

Image's

This is Tri Tiles 2, A new game based on the same concept as Tri Tiles, in that you have 16 tiles in a grid and you must arrange them to match, this is a much more polished game, but Im still having some probelms sorting out the game play.

At the moment, you play through to level 6 at which point the game repeats back to level 1, but the delay which shows you the computer moves gets shorter each time.

The Delay is actually just a call to Delay(MyVar) but I seem to be getting mixed results from it. Its meant to drop by 500 each loop, and it starts at 2 seconds, 2000.

Thanks for testing, the final version will probably loop at a level between 7-10.

Also good to note that the score is based on how you play so if you make to many moves your score could go down and not up ;)

thanks for any and all comments.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#2]
Oh yeah..

Im also looking for some help with tile sets. so if you fancy making some I'll add them, just check the image folder for the current tile set im using.

Which is just one from the net.

skn3(Posted 2004) [#3]
Cool game, reminds me of the rubix cube. The controls seem very fiddly. You have to really tug hard to get the tiles to shift. Also would be good if you could shift the row your holding as far as you want, without having to reclick and drag.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#4]
the controls are very fiddly, I found myself accidentally moving tiles several times and not knowing which direction they moved in.

What about simply having up arrows at the top of each column, down arrows at the bottom, left at the left of each row and right at the right?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#5]
thanks for your comments. I found it really easy, just click and hold mouse 1 in the middle of a tile and then move it onto the arrow pointing in the direction you want to move the row or col.

Could you try it again perturbatio and let me know how you get on.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#6]
I can do that, but the problem is that it's very easy to click near the edge so when the arrows appear, it automatically moves the tile.

keyboard(Posted 2004) [#7]
hemm...

i am clicking and holding, but nothing happens. there is no arrow and the tiles dont move...

w98se PIII 866 512mbRam Dexxa optical mouse g3-Ti200 card

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#8]
keyboard try and click the play button bottom right hand corner

keyboard(Posted 2004) [#9]
hyuk

oh yeah ;)

thankee guv!

cool

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#10]
np m8

Clyde(Posted 2004) [#11]
What an incredibly cool WIP game Buddy!
Nice one Yavin! :)

Cheers,
Mikey F / Clyde :)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#12]
ta.

Its getting ported to the mobile phone now. So with some luck we should have a port of it on selected mobiles in a few weeks.

Anyone with a JAVA games phone let me know what model you have, as we will probably be needing some testers.