World Creator v1.0

Community Forums/Showcase/World Creator v1.0

CopperCircle(Posted 2004) [#1]
I have almost finished the first version of my World Editor, I am developing it to build the worlds for my game Island Storm. But if there is any interest I am thinking of selling it.

It allows you to create complete worlds indoor and outdoor.

Brief List Of Current Features:

GUI:
-Uses BlitzUI, but all you have to do is put your textures/meshes in the relevant folders and when you start the editor they will show up in the list boxes with auto created icons.

Terrain:
-Import mesh terrain or heightmap.
-Realtime deform the terrain.
-Realtime alpha paint onto terrain.
-Basic CSG functions.

Water:
-Setup a water plane, with animated texture.
-Mirrored or Cube Mapped reflections.

Sky:
-Skybox, with multiple moving cloud layers.

Lighting/Fog:
-Ambient,Directional & Shadow lighting.
-Fog and Object AutoFade.
-DirectX lights with AutoFade, AutoDelete and Flares.
-Lens Flares for sun or moon.

Vegetation:
-Vegetation Maps for trees, grass, etc...

Objects:
-Easily place your object meshes, with AutoAlign.
-Alter every aspect of an object, colour, FX, etc..

Weather:
-Wind FX, Rain, Snow.

Save:
-Save World and objects as individual entities.
-Collapse all to single surface meshes.
-Collapse all into single surface chunks, specified via a grid size.

Load:
-Load world with LoadWorld("") command, flags allow you to specify which object groups you want to be single surface.

Planned Features:
-Gile[s] exporter, that will export your world and setup lights in Gile[s] that match your DX Lights.
-Integrated Tokamak Physics for objects.

Magitta(Posted 2004) [#2]
Awesome! It looks like this is a very nice product! The terrain engine is a custom one? (You say id has cgs functions, is it like the voxel terrains?) Giles and tokamak support would be even more awesome!! If I'm going to buy it I'd like to know if I can use it to create cartoon like maps. Looking forward to a demo!

mearrin69(Posted 2004) [#3]
Wow. Nice shots. What kind of pricing are you thinking of?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#4]
I like them screenies very much. The Gras fits in nicely too :) The tool seems to be capable of producing very decent maps. Any Portal, LOD or VIS system on the agenda? Cause I am afraid such beautiful scenes with grass and trees may use a lot of triangles. How about a mountain-based portal system?

puki(Posted 2004) [#5]
Looks very nice - a save disabled demo would be nice (when you are ready). On first looks it certainly seems to be worthy of purchasing.

Doggie(Posted 2004) [#6]
Oh yeah. Looks good. I definitely am interested in checking this one out.

JohnMil(Posted 2004) [#7]
Looks really awesome! I would totally buy it!

Falelorn(Posted 2004) [#8]
Looks fantastic. Cant wait to see. Id probally buy it.

poopla(Posted 2004) [#9]
That looks pretty swift.

CopperCircle(Posted 2004) [#10]
Thanks all, I will release a demo as soon as possible still need to clean up allot of things.

Magitta: The terrain is mesh based, but there are no voxel functions yet. What do you mean by cartoon like maps?

mearrin69: I have not got an idea about price yet.

jfk: Thanks, your grass does look good, as for LOD/VIS im keeping it all simple, at the moment the editor is locked at 30fps and I have not had any speed issues, what i do is export the world as chunks and then autofade them in and out. I also have my own .bld format for the buildings, where you define entrances and then the engine will switch from outdoor to indoor.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#11]
Sounds good. How did you solve the mirroring water? I mean, not the cubic enviroment reflection option, rather the simple mirror plane. Usually the Blitz-Mirror reflects not only what's above the plane, but also what's below it.

Magitta(Posted 2004) [#12]
It sounds really good and I'd be very interested in buying. With cartoon maps I was thinking more like Final Fantasy Chronicle kind of maps. I'm trying to create a small RPG engine with some fellow students and we'll use as much of the already made programs available for blitz as possible. That way we hope the pipeline/engine won't take long to create. Your editor would be really usefull to create maps.

GameCoder(Posted 2004) [#13]
This looks really good. I would also be interested in buying this.

puki(Posted 2004) [#14]
"Panicos"? What's wrong with "Amon"?

Panno(Posted 2004) [#15]
cool but only 30 fps on yor system ? hmmm

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#16]
he fixed the FPS to 30 as written above