MargZarch progress

Community Forums/Showcase/MargZarch progress

JBR(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hello, just learning 3d and have made a start on MargZarch based on the Acorn game Zarch.

There's not much to do at the moment but you can fly around and shoot. There are some 'seeder' craft aswell.

I'm really after people reporting back on the time in the top left corner of the screen and their system specs.

Download Here

It is 614Kb.
Mouse controls the craft. LMB - thrust, RMB - fire
TAB - toggles the HUD (a bit faster with the HUD off)
A - Zoom in
Z - Zoom out
Keypad 8 & 2 adjust the sea depth
Escape twice to exit

Thanks
Marg

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#2]
I get 12 at the top left.
Is there supposed to be a ship? Twice I ran it and never saw it, I saw the shadow of it the second time.

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#3]
16 unless there is a screen full of particles from a seeder, the ship and the gun. When it goes up to 20.

Seems to control much as I remember it from the Amiga version (Virus).

JBR(Posted 2004) [#4]
Thanks,

Perturbatio, you should see a ship, (I've not done collisions for the ship against the landscape & so the ship just floats down if you don't thrust).

joncom2000, what's specs did you run it on?

Marg

aab(Posted 2004) [#5]
165?

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#6]
@Marg, Whoops ;)

I have a P4 2Ghz with Geforce4 Ti 64mb (44.03 drivers)
Hope that helps :)

Captain Laser(Posted 2004) [#7]
Man, this takes me back! Back to the days when I used to travel ten miles to a computer store just so that I could play Zarch on their Archimedes!

I get a figure of around 36, on a 1.8ghz p4, 256 mb.

- Mike

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#8]

MSW(Posted 2004) [#9]
ranged from about 36 to 7, averaged I guess at 18

P4 2.6Ghz, 512MB, Geforce 4 MX 64MB.

Vorderman(Posted 2004) [#10]
wow, never seen so many particles in one game!!! It's fantastic! Good luck with the rest of the game.

MCP(Posted 2004) [#11]
I get 54 to 57. Nicely done, though ship sinks below landscape and its altitude cannot be changed. Looks just like the original. Can't wait to see the final version.