Dam Breach

Community Forums/Showcase/Dam Breach

Shane(Posted 2004) [#1]
Another small game created for the March 2004 "One-Button" BlitzCoder competition.

It is inspired by a game that originally appeared way back in the early 1980s in Computer and Video Games Magazine as a type-in listing for the Vic-20 (I think the game was called Nibble).

Basically the idea is to protect your dam from pesky alien drone fighters. Move your guns by pressing space bar and then press space again to fire. You may only have one set of missiles on screen at a time and once your guns leave the edge of the screen they will reappear in their initial position. (Play the game - it will make more sense once you can see what's happening!).

This is version 1.01 as I discovered a minor bug in v1.00 in which the alien drone fighters could crash into invisible missiles (although very infrequently).

I can think of ways of improving the game (not least by improving the graphics) but I like the retro/shareware feel so this is probably as good as it will get.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
nice game. "one button" rules :)

keyboard(Posted 2004) [#3]
Hey, not bad Shane, and I just put your link on my site i hope is ok with you.

Shane(Posted 2004) [#4]
@jfk - Thanks for the comment

@keyboard - No problem. I just had a look at your site and you've got some good stuff on there and lots of Blitz related links. I'll return the favour and add you to my links page when got in from work tomorrow.