Space Invader Clone

Community Forums/Showcase/Space Invader Clone

Idaho Razor(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hello Everyone,

I am new to Blitz3D and have just completed my first 2D game... Yes it's 2D, I figured i had better learn it before learning 3D. I have finished it to the point where i am done with it, i want to move onto 3D stuff A.S.A.P.

Anyways here it is! The Screen Shot:

The Demo:

www.nuclearfusionpc.com/razor/SpaceInvader/SpaceInvaderClone.zip

Controls:
Left and Right Arrow Keys to Move
Right Control to fire

Objective:
The year is 2102,
Earth is at war with the "Invaders" over the planet Mars... We need to terraform this planet because Earth is 40% over-populated... Can you do this? Can you defeat the Mighty 2D Invaders? Our Fate on earth, lies in your hands...

as long as you don't touch the green dots (enemies fire)
and shoot them with your yellow dots, you should be fine!

Hope you all enjoy it! All the media and the exe file are include in the zip file!!! Thanks again for previewing my first game in Blitz3D :-)

semar(Posted 2004) [#2]
Nice start indeed !

I would make the bullets a bit bigger though; and hey, wait a moment... where are the bunkers ?!?!?

Keep on,
Sergio.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#3]
Its a good choice to make your first game space invaders if you ask me.

Thats what I did when I came over to Blitz from DarkBasic, and I must say I was well chuffed with the results.

Your game looks nice m8 well done.

I suggest you now try and remake the exact same game but using 3D commands. if you cant make your own 3D models then just use sphere's and cubes.

Let us know how you get on.

@ Semar , PFF to the bunkers m8, thats only a place to hide if your scared lol.

I do agree though you could make the bullets bigger.

Idaho Razor(Posted 2004) [#4]
Thanks for the comments Semar and Yavin

@Semar -

Yah i wanted to make it harder since i was only going to have one level... When my dad couldn't even kill them all (which he is a Space Invader Expert) i figured it was hard enough

I was also considering making bitmaps for each bullet, but i am too excited to learn 3D hehehe. So i took the shorter way and just decided to use plots...

@Yavin -
hehe, thanks i figured Space Invaders was a fun game! I came over from 3DRad instead of DarkBASIC but i almost switched from 3DRad to DarkBASIC until i found Blitz3D!

I really want to start learning 3D first but friends of mine (Chris Fuller and Malachi) have both told me to switch when i feel comfortable with Blitz3D's syntax... I think i may debate a little bit between making another 2D game or going to 3D right now...

and yes i'm with you about that bunker thing, they just make it easier lol.

Thanks for the comments, talk to you guys soon :-)

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#5]
I am sure I have heard of chirs fuller is he on this forum.

Idaho Razor(Posted 2004) [#6]
Yea he is, his username is Falcon but it was Chris Fuller...

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#7]
did someone say my name?