FPS alpha *map designers wanted*

Community Forums/Showcase/FPS alpha *map designers wanted*

vibe37(Posted 2004) [#1]

Download demo here

I'm working avidly on this FPS project and am now looking for 1 or 2 map designers who would like to participate and make some maps for the game. The demo at hand is in an early test stage so please note that

- it isn't optimised at all
- the map is crappy (that's why I'm looking for map designers)
- it will basically become a nice game in the end, whatever.. ;)

If you are interested in donating your map making skills to this ambitious freeware project then please write me a mail:
kungfista_at_dexmail.de (replace _at_ with @)

+++Update+++
Due to technical probs on the part of my provider please send mail to v_b*AT*hamburg.de with a clear subject as I get a lot of spam there
++++++

Regards,
Kungfista

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
Looks good. What are your plans with the game?

vibe37(Posted 2004) [#3]
It is supposed to become a more or less storybased anti-terrorist shooter with an action-oriented gameplay. It will probably feature different missions but I can't say anything definite about that yet... after all I'll have to see what the maps are like that I get from the people I hope to recruit through this thread ;) I would be glad if the map designers also brought in some ideas of their own, so that we can make a great game together!
And jfk, as I said before, your CSP demo 4 is damn _NICE_ stuff! :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#4]
thanks. ah maybe the anti-terror waggon is kind of full IMHO. Not exactly what I would do. I'd rather go in the "evil government conspiracy" like Deus Ex, Lara Croft etc.

Did you notice that Waco Resurrection( http://waco.c-level.org/ ) - game, where the player had to try to escape alive etc. The graphics where not so good, but since the theme was a scandal, it was in the new york times and everywhere.

Smurfpuss(Posted 2004) [#5]
and what map designing tool does it support like does it read csm or b3d

vibe37(Posted 2004) [#6]
I can use maps in any format that Blitz supports, that is: b3d, x, 3ds, bsp and also csm!

Smurfpuss(Posted 2004) [#7]
well the demo looks good how about stairs can you have that in the demo like if you make a level like a building or something else and elevators i might be intressted i am currently working with cshop4.1

i can post some screenshots on my level work when i get my adsl acount working again i got abuse bande from using ftp so i can't put the images up on my own webspace get but im working on it

vibe37(Posted 2004) [#8]
I'm not sure if I got that right... you want working elevators in your level or what?
I'd be happy to see some screenies of your work, be sure to post them!

Smurfpuss(Posted 2004) [#9]
i will when i get my adsl working so i can post them on my webpage