TECNO - just to keep you update...

Community Forums/Showcase/TECNO - just to keep you update...

Paolo(Posted 2004) [#1]
Just two more screenies to keep you update.
I'm actually coding the gameplay which is giving
more than a headache but it's coming good anyway :)

Later!
Paolo.

David819(Posted 2004) [#2]
man, i wish i could create that sort of thing, good work Paolo. i think i might have those screen shots as my desktop picture.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#3]
Wow, nice.

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#4]
WOW Although, the laser seems detached from the gun, but I'm not sure if that's because it's shooting bursts or incorrectly shooting a constant beam :P

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#5]
Looks like it progresses well. What systems are you using behind the scenes? Any occlusion? What tools to make it etc?

Paolo(Posted 2004) [#6]
Thanks guys :)

@Bot,
you are right, the laser is still a little out of position.

@MasterB,
The "occlusion" is very simple, I just build my entire level in 3d studio max, but I export it in different pieces (not one big file), then I load the pieces in blitz and I parent them to different pivots, then depending on where you are in the level (inside_area()) I hide or show the pivots ,... I found this technique very useful for indoor scenes :) ... for outdoor I will only use fog to hide far elements (I don't have time to think in a better solution though, ... hmmmm?... may be LOD ...).

Paolo.

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#7]
Wow Paolo, this game looks great so far! It shows how much blitz is really capable of. Thanks for sharing with us!
Great to hear that I don't have to make some crazy occlusion system to make something big work :D

Caff(Posted 2004) [#8]
Very nice texturing, I must say... what about adding some characters to it? :)

GameCoder(Posted 2004) [#9]
This looks top.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#10]
It's the beautiful lighting and great attention to detail that makes this look so good. Really looking forward to this.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#11]
OH MAN, THOSE SCENES LOOK GREAT!!!!!

--Mike

Paolo(Posted 2004) [#12]
@Mr. Pickles,
I think (for indoor) is just a matter of cutting your level into different zones before exporting, then just code a smart "showing" "hiding" stuff...:) (but outdoor,... that's difficult...)

@Sybixsus,
yeah, detail in little things make things better... it is as a "must" for any game level... and light, what can anyone say about light? if you are in game development you just have to love light.

@Mike,
What are you doing here man? , go back to your cave to finish that sub-sim ;)

Paolo.