Skools Out Demo Update

Community Forums/Showcase/Skools Out Demo Update

Grimmy(Posted 2004) [#1]
The game is now out, and the demo has been updated to a meatier version. visit www.muckybaby.com for details and download. Out in the shops at the end of August.
Many thanks to to everyone for their help and assistance.
Phew.
Simon

P.S..Stay motivated chaps!

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#2]
Good stuff, Grimmy. I've seen lots of good coverage on the net and also in some big PC mags lately, so here's hoping the good coverage leads to some good money.

Pete Rigz(Posted 2004) [#3]
Wow, this is quality! Nice job :)

big10p(Posted 2004) [#4]
Sweet! A 21st century update of Skool Daze, I take it? ;)

Is this developed 100% with Blitz3D, then? Impressive.

Anthony Flack(Posted 2004) [#5]
Hey, I didn't know this was a Blitz game...

Quite a large percentage of shareware games seem to be made with blitz now, you know.

Cross-platform blitz will surely make it even more irresistable...

Grimmy(Posted 2004) [#6]
Yes, it's 100% Blitz. There's been a bit of coverage but sadly very few sales. But hey, I'm just happy I finished the thing now.
Simon

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#7]
Looks really cool... I'll get a friend to download it for me this evening! Can't really download it at work and don't have internet at home.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#8]
oops, dp. :/ (my first!)

big10p(Posted 2004) [#9]
Early days yet on the sales front, isn't it? It hasn't even hit the shops yet! ;)

Congratulations on getting a project through to completion, too. The hardest thing... ever! :P

GfK(Posted 2004) [#10]
Did you double-post? I replied to this, and now my reply is gone.

Anyway.... as I said before...

Love the game. I'd buy it if my money wasn't going to Xing Interactive.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#11]
Isn't Grimmy selling the online download version himself? I thought that's what he meant when he made the comment about sales so far.

GfK(Posted 2004) [#12]
Isn't Grimmy selling the online download version himself? I thought that's what he meant when he made the comment about sales so far.
Don't know. I'm going by the whacking great Xing logo on his site and the comments there about Xing publishing it.

Grimmy?

big10p(Posted 2004) [#13]
Gfk: yeah, I deffo doubled posted.

Caff(Posted 2004) [#14]
Very nice demo, one of the most complete games I've seen done in Blitz :)

Grimmy(Posted 2004) [#15]
Yeah, Xing publish the boxed version worldwide but I'm allowed to sell online download copies too.

Murilo(Posted 2004) [#16]
Hmmm... The demo install fails at 7% for me. Darn it - I really liked the look of this one!

Grimmy(Posted 2004) [#17]
A bit of a guess this as it's the first time I've heard this one, but check that your Comic sans.ttf fonts aren't read only(in windows\fonts directory). The game installs this font just incase you havent got it already and if it somehow got set to read only it might knacker it. A bit of a guess though like I said?
Good luck, I hope it works.

DrMartin(Posted 2004) [#18]
I get a MAV after the baby logo slides to the left...

GfK(Posted 2004) [#19]
Certainly the best looking Blitz game I've ever seen, without doubt (I've been here for almost 4 years, since Blitz PC first appeared). I've done 9 commercial Blitz games myself, and I'm still envious. You're better than anything I've ever done. You're better than Platypus.

Excellent job. I'll buy this next month (start new job on monday, get paid end of july).

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#20]
Amazing. I never can find history though. the day runs out I guess and the demo ends. Still, looks like its a good game.

Grimmy(Posted 2004) [#21]
WOW! Thanks for the praise, it makes it all worth it when people say stuff like that.