Pacemaker Free Version

Community Forums/Showcase/Pacemaker Free Version

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#1]
Nothing added feature-wise to the demo except that this has an export option ! Export will be disabled if model has more than 1500 polys.Be sure to read the notes in the HTML file.
Have fun.

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/smiff/pacemakerver1.zip

http://www.goddysey.com/pacemaker.htm

GW(Posted 2004) [#2]
Screenshots look good. What gui does it use?

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#3]
Great stuff. Well done on getting to this stage. I think it will become an essential addition to any Blitzers armoury.

I have one criticism tho, the controls are very non-standard and a little unintuitive (I don't like having to use my middle mouse button, apart from the scrollwheel). Apart from that its very complete and fun to play around with.

I look forward to the tokamak related additions.

3D(Posted 2004) [#4]
Just gave it a quick spin and thinngs are looking good.
The interface is easy to use apart from when editing seems a little quirky fiddly.
But i found my self editing the animation in no time.
keep up the good work i will be keeping my eye on this project.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thanks a lot for this! This is practically the very first free animation tool that can be used for character Animation for Blitz! I think this will give you a wide user (and potential customer) base.

Personally I think 1500 Tris is a bit high, there is a risk for a lot of people will never need more. At least in the next 2 years. I'd set the limit to whrere it really hurts :), around 1000. But anyway, it's your decision.

I would also force all users to enter their email adress, so you can contact them and send them a newsletter and special offers.

:D Thanks a lot!

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#6]
what are the minimum system specs?

thanks for the free version

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#7]
I think tis really deserves to be in the news.

Synchronist(Posted 2004) [#8]
@Smiff; If you would consider adding .dts export to your format list, you'd make a bunch of people over in the Torque camp very happy and extend your market a bit.

BTW, I run the demo on my C drive, but my models reside on my D and E drives. There appears to be no way to search other drives/directories?

Very nice application!

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#9]
I'll be revamping loads of things adding more file formats and tidying the UI up a bit - need a real file selector as well.However as I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks I thought that I would release as is for the moment. The controls can be a bit unusual so I'll be adding various alternatives and of course a key for the 3rd mouse button.
As regards the poly limit I will probably be removing this completely once I'm happy that its working well. My idea with this was not to make money but to give something back to the Blitz community. I will be posting some tutorials on its use as well but probably not be for a couple of weeks yet.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#10]
Think about to use the blitzsys.dll. It's only 12 kb and it offers a standard windows fileselector. Quick and easy solution, IMHO.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#11]
Excellent Smiff! I'll certainly be checking this out soon. VERY generous of you - thanks a lot! ;)

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#12]
This looks good smiff! I think that I'll be using this :)

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#13]

Delerna(Posted 2005) [#14]
This looks relly interesting but
when I try to download the zip I get

Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded

I have never had any problems downloadling in the past
anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong ???

big10p(Posted 2005) [#15]
I.E. doesn't like freewebs sites, for some reason.

Click Tools\Internet Options... then click the security tab. Then click the Restricted Sites icon, then the sites button. Finally, select freewebs in the list box and remove it.

Delerna(Posted 2005) [#16]
Thanks big10p