Environment Map Collection Released

Community Forums/Showcase/Environment Map Collection Released

Rogue Vector(Posted 2004) [#1]

This collection is now free.
13 High Quality Environment Cube Maps.

Enjoy.

Rogue Vector

SopiSoft(Posted 2004) [#2]
cool, thanks for sharing!! :-)

GfK(Posted 2004) [#3]
Are you allowed to distribute/resell Terragen output?

I'm pretty sure you aren't.

SopiSoft(Posted 2004) [#4]
why not? other companies are using and distributing and reselling it too...

check: http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/commercialuse.shtml

or is it allowed when you use it inside a game or movie, and not just distribute and resell the terragen output?

Rogue Vector(Posted 2004) [#5]
I have a full (paid up) commercial license to use Terragen.

So chill!

Regards,

Rogue Vector

GfK(Posted 2004) [#6]
I have a full (paid up) commercial license to use Terragen.
So do I, but I'm pretty sure their EULA prevents you from doing this.

So chill!
I'm only saying. No need to get out of your pram over it.

or is it allowed when you use it inside a game or movie, and not just distribute and resell the terragen output?
Yes, that's how I understand it.

sswift(Posted 2004) [#7]
I agree with GFK that it is questionable. I don't use Terragen myself, but when I saw your pack the first thing I thought was "Hey... that's from Terragen... didn't I read on their webpage once that you can't resell skyboxes you generate with it?"

The reason for that, I presume is because if there were a lot of free skyboxes made with the software freely available, it would reduce the value of the product for generating skyboxes, which is pretty much it's only real use.

Anyhow, you just might want to check up on that.

As far as I know there is no such restriction on Bryce images though.

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#8]
What does registration entitle me to?

You will have the non-exclusive rights to use Terragen within a business and/or commercially exploit any material you create with it.

http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/register.shtml

sswift(Posted 2004) [#9]
Well, I can't find anyhting on the page or in the license agreement which says you cannot use it for skyboxes.

I must conclude that they changed the license agreement. I clearly remember reading that it could not be used for makign skyboxes to sell, but I guess it's okay to do that now.

MrCredo(Posted 2004) [#10]
hehe i wrote a program to convert cubemap to spheremap (for reflections)

Rogue Vector(Posted 2004) [#11]
Hi,

After the previous debate, I decided to email Planetside Software for some clarification.