Jimmy Sokoban

Community Forums/Showcase/Jimmy Sokoban

coffeedotbean(Posted 2004) [#1]
Jimmy's Back.. he escaped the mine field but wandered into a world full of boxes??

Well what can I say its Sokoban... but its got Jimmy :).

Loads of features in here:

- tutorials for the non-sokoban knowers.
- support multiple puzzle packs.
- unlimited undo's.
- import/export and play puzzle solutions.
- play any puzzle in a puzzle pack in any order.
- puzzle editor (not in this download.. need cleaning up).
- 378 puzzles already converted to run on jimmy sokoban.(only 15 in this download.. they need cleaning up after converting them from a different format)
- Score board, see how many moves you took to complete a puzzle.
- online score board (not yet), to upload and compare scores.

Download here (750kb)

Download here (750kb)

.... any other features you want let me know.

[big thanks to Skn3 for his statusbar lib]

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#2]
Quite good, just too bad that level 12 is unsolveable (just like level 10, until I solved it of course ;)

coffeedotbean(Posted 2004) [#3]
Added an optional background image and fixed the Sound On/Off.

Here is pack of 52 puzzles... only 3 boxes in each but still rather tricky, put the file in the PPack folder:

52 piece puzzle pack

coffeedotbean(Posted 2004) [#4]
Heres the solution to Level 12:

rDDDDDuuuuulLLdlDDDDuuruuurrDLLdlluuRDrruLrdrrddlUruLLulDrrddrddlUUUruLddddddrUUUUUluulldRlllddrrUdlluurRddlddrUUUdlUdddrddlUUUUluuuRRlldddrrddddR

they are all solvable..honest. :)

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#5]
I believe you, but don't spoil it.

Started out on a pack of my own, nothing really hard so far though, by the way, what's level 15 about?

coffeedotbean(Posted 2004) [#6]
yeah level 15 I solved and then saved over it... a quick fix ;)

I can post the editor if you like.

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#7]
Ah, you got a real editor, probably more comfortable than messing with text files :) Though those 52 took some of confidence.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2004) [#8]
Heres the Jimmy Sokoban editor put it in the main folder:

Editor (350kb)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#9]
I'v thought about doing a fun wee game liks this for a while now, as a little side project, but I was wondering how you manage to work out the levels.

I know some of them only have one possible way of completing them, so how do you go about working that out.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2004) [#10]
Do a search for a program called rbox its a program that will generate sokoban puzzles, you give a solved puzzle and it will try and solve it if it can be solved or you dont run out of memory.

I created a few with that, but a quick search on the net for "sokoban levels" turns up 1000's of em.

Just look for puzzles that have no restritions on using the puzzles and then write a little bit-o code to convert them into a format you want to use.

Simple. ;)

Clique(Posted 2004) [#11]
Yeah me to i just solved puzzle 10 :D

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#12]
Rbox can be found on the downloads page of this site: http://www.sokomind.de/index.html

coffeedotbean(Posted 2004) [#13]
What no bug report Perturbatio? ;)

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#14]
If you insist... :)

Bug#1: When loading a puzzle pack, if you click cancel, it loads it anyway.

Bug#2: The export solution button doesn't appear to work.

Also, it would be nice to get a context menu for copy/paste in the solution manager.

Bug#3: sometimes the z-order of the game window is set to be the bottom most, it happens when loading (or even cancelling the loading of) a puzzle pack.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#15]
Bug#4: if you look at a solution in the solution manager, then load another puzzle pack and look at the solution manager, the old solution is still there until you select a level.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2004) [#16]
Hehe! I knew you would find something.

I'll see to all your points.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#17]

Hehe! I knew you would find something.

It's a gift I have ;)

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2004) [#18]
Turning the sound off via the menu did not appear to work, and faced with the threat of listening to the terrible sound effects for the duration of the game, I quit. Definitely a bug you want to fix!

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#19]

Added an optional background image and fixed the Sound On/Off.

He fixed that and re-uploaded. Sound on/off works fine for me.

Reborn(Posted 2004) [#20]
Yes!

This game is great! I liked Sokoban in the earlier days and now this wonderful little remake! :) Perfect for playing inbetween and when you don't know what to do!

My sister likes it too! ;)

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#21]
Now we are at the bug reports, if you solve a level, and edit it, it will still be registered as solved, try cheking if the solution is actually a solution.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#22]

Now we are at the bug reports, if you solve a level, and edit it, it will still be registered as solved, try cheking if the solution is actually a solution.

Or better yet, just reset the solution once the puzzle has been edited.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#23]
Where are the online scores?

coffeedotbean(Posted 2004) [#24]
More bugs.. im on it.

No online scores yet, need to build the website first.