Black Hawk

Community Forums/Showcase/Black Hawk

samoz83(Posted 2004) [#1]
We have a new FPS on the film of Black Hawk Down there will also be an RTS on the film as well more pics and info soon.

Wolf

www.wolfgames.tk

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#2]
welcome to freewebs?

SopiSoft(Posted 2004) [#3]
lol

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#4]
I'm sure the guys at Novalogic will love you making a FPS based on the film Black Hawk Down.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#5]
There is nothing stopping him making a game based upon the events that happened there, so long as he ensures that he is historically accurate, and not following the plot of the film (I don't know much about the story, but I would guess that plot changes were probably made).

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#6]
I would suggest if you're going to make a game based on fact steer clear away from it and make it total fiction (like hollywood movies) make it feel like real life, put commentries and stuff to make it seem like it did happen but to avoid tetchy americans sueing you, avoid fact like the plague... probably best avoid fiction too...

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#7]
Why post in the showcase before you have anything to actually show?

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#8]
There is nothing stopping him making a game based upon the events that happened there, so long as he ensures that he is historically accurate, and not following the plot of the film

He did specifically say the game was based on the film though/

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#9]
Hi, welcome to the forum. Your game, as well as your webpage, seems to be a bit thin. By the way, what language(s) did you use before Blitz?

Anyway, good luck with your project :)

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#10]
No pics show up.

Best. Showcase. Ever.

samoz83(Posted 2005) [#11]
its not based on the film its based on the events also i programed in Darkbasic Pro before blitz

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#12]
Ho-hum... your intentions are good and you have chosen very challenging subject and game genre... loved the film & game myself a lot, BUT -- might be better to post when you actually have something more solid? Especially since this IS the showcase area... but good luckto you, hope you can make it!

samoz83(Posted 2005) [#13]
well there are gonna be some screens up soon

ckob(Posted 2005) [#14]
" samoz83: We have a new FPS on the film of Black Hawk Down there will also be an RTS on the film as well more pics and info soon. "

"samoz83: its not based on the film its based on the events also i programed in Darkbasic Pro before blitz "

so which is it? i loved the film and all but you gotta be a little more clear :P

samoz83(Posted 2005) [#15]
based on the events

GfK(Posted 2005) [#16]
You're the same person who has just posted in the beginner's forum asking for a "Nam style map in B3D format".

well there are gonna be some screens up soon
screenshots of somebody else's work, then? I can barely contain myself...

also i programed in Darkbasic Pro before blitz
Ah. Explains a lot. ;)

BlackD(Posted 2005) [#17]
lol - always the critic.. But justified in this case perhaps. :)

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#18]
Well, it's kind of annoying when people say they have a new game out and announce it here, when there's nothing to show, and their posting for levels... This is a forum to showcase your work ;)

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#19]
Note he said a game on the film but BASED on the actual events.

I'm sure the film was probably based on the actual events, so the game would be anyway, right?

You're the same person who has just posted in the beginner's forum asking for a "Nam style map in B3D format".

So? Did he say that was for a game about Mogadishu, Somalia? Surely Vietnam looks a little different from East Africa?

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#20]
Note he said a game on the film but BASED on the actual events.

I'm sure the film was probably based on the actual events, so the game would be anyway, right?

Well he didn't actually say that until lawsuits were mentioned. In his first post, he just mentions the film. Twice.

samoz83(Posted 2005) [#21]
GfK shut up im not gonna show screens of someone else work so just go away and theres nothing wrong with dbpro and my vietnam thing is a diffrent game

GfK(Posted 2005) [#22]
Oh, you're making two games at once, then?

I apologise. But being new, I think two projects is too much for you.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#23]
This thread was started 7 months ago. Still nothing to show, then?

As has already been said, this forum is for stuff you have ready for show, not for telling everyone that you'll be showing something, sometime in the future.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#24]
Give him a break - he's new.

Well, actually - as this is the custom for newcomers....continue.

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#25]
Oh, you're making two games at once, then?

No silly, he's making three games. There's the BlackHawk FPS, the BlackHawk RTS and a Vietnam game. Just two huge projects isn't nearly ambitious enough for a beginner.

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#26]

Just two huge projects isn't nearly ambitious enough for a beginner.

hehe we've all done it! Im still there :)

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#27]

Give him a break - he's new.

Well, actually - as this is the custom for newcomers....continue

So, how's Operation 600 coming along ;) :P