GUIde 1.3 released

Community Forums/Showcase/GUIde 1.3 released

Wiebo(Posted 2004) [#1]
Today I released the 1.3 version of GUIde. Registered users should have the new version in their mailbox.

Here is a screenshot of the new version:

Feel free to post about the changes or any problems you may find. Here is the worklog of changes and fixes:

; + added icons to the gadget treeview. Nice.
; + language selector combobox is added to the main window. the language combobox in the options window is
; gone. More items will be added to the combobox once GUIde supports more languages.
; + expanded docs with new commands and features.
; + color selector and image gadgets added, export supported
; + height of textfield, combobox and spinner cannot be altered, and is set at 20.
; + realtime mouse pointer changes according to mode or selection.
; + got rid of the tool window. Now there is a nice toolbar on the GUIde window.
; + added AppTitle support. Look for the property in the window properties.
; + added spinner functions to the export include:
; SpinnerValue() : returns the value of the passed spinner.
; EnableSpinner() : enables a spinner gadget.
; DisableSpinner() : disables a spinner gadget.
; + CheckSpinners() now returns the handle of spinner interacted with.
; + added grouping for comboboxes and panels. Select a combobox item and the corresponding panel is shown,
; so you can show groups of gadgets when a certain option is selected. Panel groupnames must
; be the same as the combobox groupname, but with a number suffix corresponding to the combobox item.
; + you can now select a hidden gadget from the gadget tree and unhide it with CTRL \
; If you have no selection, then ALL hidden gadgets will be unhidden.
; - you can only select tabbers, groupboxes and foldboxes at their titlebar now.
; - foldboxes move with parent panel
; - deleting a gadget would also disable the menu on/off check if the menu has no items. fixed.
; - radiobutton now centers on height, just like checkboxes do.
; - resizing GUIde window no longer updates editwindow.
; - modified display of tabbers, panels and groupboxes in GUIde. Grid now shows through.
; - modified exported spinner layout a bit. It aligns better to other gadgets now.
; - buttons don't stretch anymore when main window is resized.
; - fixed spinner int and float display.
; - changed yoffset of quick labels. they now align to the text in the gadget.
; - tabpanels now get exported with clientwidth and clientheight dimensions.

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#2]
Love the new toolbar layout. And the new gadget helpers are cool as well.

Wiebo(Posted 2004) [#3]
I love you too, man

JaviCervera(Posted 2004) [#4]
What desktop theme is that? Looks like the classic Windows theme with the XP theme colors.

Wiebo(Posted 2004) [#5]
It is. I turned of the Themes service.

David819(Posted 2004) [#6]
Will it ever support winblitz3d?

Wiebo(Posted 2004) [#7]
Yes, as soon as that lib is out of beta! I have a little exporter working, but as the specs of the lib change as development goes on I decided to not include it in this release. And as Kev has not released Winblit3d yet, I saw no point in including it anyhow.