RetroSphere Released!

Community Forums/Showcase/RetroSphere Released!

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#1]
YES! Finally and with much anticipation we have released the first ever public version of our new game, RetroSphere. Download it here!

RetroSphere was inspired by the awesome C64 game Trailblazer but has been updated for the 21st century. There are now 21 track types, some good, some bad and some downright ugly!

We have also shipped the track editor (designed, build and used by us) so you too can build some wacky tracks to fox your friends. Send 'em to us for inclusion in the next release...

NB: We have had some reports from beta testers that playing RetroSphere will reduce your sleep, diminish your food intake and can cause embarrassing puddles near your PC. Be warned.

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#2]
Hey thislooks really cool,

When I get a chanceI will check it out! Good work dude!

btw I loved Trailblazeron the Atari - wow!

IPete2.

cermit(Posted 2004) [#3]
I have looked forward to try this, downloading right now!

EricZann(Posted 2004) [#4]
Wow, I remember this -- I used to the play the Atari version.

This is an excellent remake, and the level editor is a great addition.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thanks for the enthusiasm guys, please feel free to send us any tracks you make so we can include them in the next release :)

JaviCervera(Posted 2004) [#6]
Ey! This is good!

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#7]
Great! just one problem -

When you land just barely on a solid tile (bordering a hole) it thinks you've died - especially annoiying when if it followed real physics, the spin of the ball would be enough to pull it up. The wierd bit is that in some of these cases the ball doesn't even fall. It just stays there, as the explosion goes off. This kills me in the same place on level 3 nearly every time, since I'm trying to navigate narrow paths.

The time between death and 'rebirth' is a little much. I would rather have sort of a Die-tiny 1 second die anim-3-2-1-Go sort of thing.

Ash_UK(Posted 2004) [#8]
Great game, except a small problem on level 3, when i smashed into the first wall, i could no longer do anything to progress further. Apart from that, keep up the good work man :-).

Blue

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#9]
bot builder,

yes we have spotted the ball/hole collision problem - will fix. Have also speeded up the countdown sequence. You can skip the mad explosion routine by hitting the sparebar.

I now display "press spacebar to skip..." during the explosion routine as some people don't read the docs :-(

Blue, maybe it's a bad level design or maybe there is another way to pass that section - try jumping perhaps...

Thanks for your feedback, most welcome. Ta. New version out soon :-)

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#10]
Really nice game, got an error after closing though, and when I clicked load in the editor I got MAV.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#11]
eBusiness,

What was the error after closing?

I have fixed the editor load/save bug...

And whats FoS?

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#12]
It was one of those "Illegal action" I think, tried once more, closed fine. I didn't take my time to read the details, sorry. And FoS is "Freedom of Speech"