3d fighting game engine "BlitzFighter3d" (release)

Community Forums/Showcase/3d fighting game engine "BlitzFighter3d" (release)

hellborg(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi Gang!

I finally put together a first releasable version of my 3d fighting game engine. There is still much to do and I hope I can interest someone in or outside the Blitz community to participate.

Download:

http://www.gravity-music.net/blitzfighter-v0.1.zip

BlitzFighter3d Features:

-Fully customizable 3d animated fighters, loadable as animated mesh files and with animation definitions loaded from a separate ini-file. Simple format - easy to use.

-Predefined behaviors for stardard actions like walking, jumping, blocking, punching (blockable), kicks (non-blockable - can be evaded by jumping). Full customization of collision detection (defined by range within punch/kick animation and distance to opponent)

-Fully customizable combo system. Detection of rapid sequences of keystrokes and execution of the appropriate custom animation, together with definition of the combo behavior.

-Keyboard control for two players

-Two-way range of motion (players always face the opponent and can either approach or retreat)

-Selection screen with customizable character-portraits

-Example meshes and ini files (The mesh is the Ninja from Psionic's website. It is not optimized for use in a 3d fighting game but suitable for demonstration purposes)

To do:

-Display of 3D Arenas.

-Sounds

-3d camera paths

-Network play

-AI for single player mode

How could you help?

-I do not have the skills to quickly build 3d arenas. If someone has a suitable arena available I will be able to use it for testing purposes to quickly add the 3d arena feature.

-I do not have good sounds available to include in the game.

-enemy AI could be based on separate "bot"-like programs, once I get network play to work.

and of course, the purpose of an engine is to make content for it. I am glad to assist anybody who likes to create a 3d character.

read the readme.txt file for detailed description of the ini-files and how to build custom characters

Rob(Posted 2004) [#2]
There's no timing, so it runs super-fast on mine :)

hellborg(Posted 2004) [#3]
Forgot the screenshot

I used Psionic's ninja as a test character...

hellborg(Posted 2004) [#4]
the timing proble should be easy to fix... I thought the speed setting of the animate command uses timing already...

hellborg(Posted 2004) [#5]
just updated the file with render tweening...

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#6]