Kjell Frenzy *Beta*

Community Forums/Showcase/Kjell Frenzy *Beta*

cermit(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hello,
This is my latest Blitz project, called "Kjell Frenzy".. It doesnt have a full story yet, or a start menu.. couse im working on the game engine for the moment.
I certainly hope its *Bugg Free*, if its not please tell. So, what does this feature ?

The Beta Features Following:
Tilemap + Map scroller, Final Fantasy 1 movement system (or something like that), perfect collision system (At least what i think)
Some High AI Foes!(NOT) Shotgun for the Player (Im working on the Grenaids), Player is able to Walk and Run depending on Stamina. The Game runs in 640*480 16Bit fullscreen mode.
Cant think of any more Features, but im sure it doesnt matter very much.

Download
The Game File is 650 kb

Screenshot

The Game keys:
Move : Arrow keys
Shot : Space Bar
Run : Hold Right Ctrl
Stay Still : Hold Right Alt (Turn Player with Arrow Keys, without moving the char around)

Please Enjoy! And post that thing.. hm what is it called? oh yeah, comments and critics.

I didnt have any music for the game, so i took one of the Lemmings music. I'll make sure to change this later.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#2]
That's very cool man! Very cool indeed. I'd love to see this go somewhere, i really would. Best of luck on this one :D

cermit(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thanks Ross! And thanks again for helping out on the Tilemap part.. it was some year ago though :)

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#4]
I remember that :) Wasn't that much help i recall too ;)

Is this your own Tile Map system ? Anyways, love the look of it :)

What will the game be about?

cermit(Posted 2004) [#5]
Its sort of the same Tile Map system you gave me, its a little bit modified.
So what's it about.. well, i can say that the Player Character is my Schools computer Admin. This game was his idea of course, i cant realy tell what the game is about yet.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#6]
Ah cool, no probs :) Keep up the work ;)