w,a,s,d for movement
drag mouse to tilt camera
1 = add volume
2 = remove volume
scrollwheel = change size of volume
e = expand
r = contract
g = smooth
b = bleed (kind of random growish thingy)
v = remove single voxels

if you start you might want to increase the volume size (scrollwheel) first, because it is almost too small to see the effect at the moment.

answers to imaginary questions:
1) it will be free, i will finish it, but i won't release the source until i made my own game with it.
2) it will, evantually, be able to save voxel data in its own format and export it to various 3d formats.
3) it will feature some sort of simple gui, not just shortcut keys.
4) i am very open for suggestions, so please feel free.
5) it won't do LOD or any form of mesh optimising, its goal is to function as a tool to create something you edit in a "real" 3d package.

i hope you like it or think it might be even remotely useful for you.

cheers.

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#2]
Brilliant. Gimme that over a terrain engine anyday. I quite like the interface as well.

You can imagine it having a multisurface texture layering technique similar to the one ALE uses.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#3]
Superb! I really like it.

I think it would feel more comfortable to have two different modes. An edit mode and a camera mode. In edit mode left mouse button would add, right mouse button remove, and the scrollwheel work like it does now. In camera mode left mouse would be used to pan, right to turn, and scroll wheel to move in and out. Perhaps combined with the arrow or ASWD keys.

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#4]

koekjesbaby(Posted 2004) [#5]
thanks all.

fredborg:
i totally agree, the controls will become more like that, but there should be some quick way to switch, somthing like pressing "space" or "tab".

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#6]
If you use SPACE it will be just like gile[s]. :P

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#7]
Tis very lovely :D

Agree with Masterbeaker. This would rule over any terrain engine. :)