Butterflies

Community Forums/Showcase/Butterflies

Scott Williams(Posted 2004) [#1]
I have written a little Blitz game called butterflies.

If anyone would like to take a look then go to -

www.contraptionuk.com

please let me know what you think.

Cheers. Scott.

Scott Williams(Posted 2004) [#2]
Whooops - I typed the url incorrectly.
What a bone head.

Its supposed to be -

www.contraptionuk.com

Scott.

Andy(Posted 2004) [#3]
>Whooops - I typed the url incorrectly.

Don't worry, just press 'edit' right above your post to the right and edit your post...

Posts on this board are only locked down when they are archived!

Andy

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#4]
Hey Scott,

I love your logo - excellent!

Just downloading the demo right now - thanks for telling us about this! Good luck with the game btw!

IPete2.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#5]
Game is really cool :)

Couple of suggestions though?

I think the main menu options, blend in with the backround too much. Also, levels 2 and 5 on the 1st season (spring?) don't work. Only a tile of the scenary shows up :) Might wanna fix that ;)

I like this game though :D

Rob(Posted 2004) [#6]
Levels 2 and 5 don't work. Level one isn't able to be completed. The tall level is a bit unforgiving. I like this game too...

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#7]
Can't download it. It resets when I get to around 2mb every time. Maybe the server is just playing up or something. I'll try later.

I highly recommend changing your webpage to say "All for just $19.99" or $17.99 or whatever dollar price you want it to sell for. British and European customers will be used to seeing a dollar price and will just convert it to their local currency. Americans are not used to seeing another currency and probably won't buy it for that reason alone. It's such a simple change, and it will make a real difference.

Graphics look good, judging from your screenies anyway. Definitely gonna try again later.

Scott Williams(Posted 2004) [#8]
Thanks Ross C
- A new demo with levels 2 and 5 working is now available to download. Sorry about that one.

Thanks Rob
- I have just completed level 1 to make sure it works. It is fine.

All opinions on levels and the game in general will be gratefully received so keep em coming.

Cheers. Scott.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#9]
Rob, you drop the raindrop looking block slowly, and let the grub run into it ;)

Rob(Posted 2004) [#10]
Thanks mate :)

Another issue: cursor keys are exclusively used by ppl who are left handed and some other people like those, so include that option too...

Get rid of untitled document on your homepage...

It's an addictive game.

Scott Williams(Posted 2004) [#11]
Sybixsus
I have changed the price to 16.99 US Dollars. Works out to just under the original 10 Pounds. Thanks for the tip.

Rob
Cursor key control will be included by this time tomorrow. Good one.
Got rid of the untitled document stuff too.
Thanks for the help.

Cheers. Scott.

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#12]
Great lemming style! Don't forget a level builder, also it would be nice with a greater visible field, you could include greater resolutions without much work.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#13]
Haven't downloaded it as I'm not at home... and I don't have internet at home! However...

Web page error:
PLay and play until you complete the whole game

No idea what your key combos are but if you're using WASD then I'd avoid it like the plague... I'm a left handed cursor keying blokey and proud of it!

Graphics are really cool, they remind me of Miggy games for some reason...

Sorry I can't be of more help, need net connection!

Andy(Posted 2004) [#14]
>Butterflies

Huge bars of butter that flies?! hmmm, there's an image... Gotta lay off the mushrooms on workdays though!

Anyway, not my kind of game, and there are some graphical glitches on the intro screen(on the top).

Andy

Scott Williams(Posted 2004) [#15]
Thanks to you guys for taking the time to look at my little game.

I have added cursor controls as requested, it just works with both now.

Thanks again - Scott.