Jimmy Mines

Community Forums/Showcase/Jimmy Mines

coffeedotbean(Posted 2004) [#1]
Jimmy Mines

A simple FREEWARE game written in B+ to replace the crappy mines game that comes with Windows, game is slightly different, you have to reach the other side of the screen, using your mine detector to work out where the mines are.

Nowt special but might kill a few minuets when your board.

Thats what I did today.... what about you?

Download: http://www.jabawokie.ukgamers.net/Jimmy%20Mines.exe (500kb)

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#2]
Hmm, good concept, but I think you should allow the player to mark mines like in minesweeper.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#3]
I found it pretty much up to luck as to whether I got through since there is no way to clear safe areas like in normal minesweeper.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2004) [#4]
You can for the most part figure out where the mines are by probing. I can get through about 75% of the time on normal.

Might add the flags if I get time later.

Perturbatio - No bugs eh ;).

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#5]

Perturbatio - No bugs eh ;).

only one minor typo (so far ;) ):
when you get to the other side, it has "welldone" (no space)

*EDIT*
Another typo, the dialog that pops up when you complete it says wohoo! shouldn't that be woohoo! ? :)

*EDIT*
Another one:
in the cfg.ini, it says "Jimmy Mines Configuratin file... Do not Delete!"
should say "Jimmy Mines Configuration file... Do not Delete!" (unless you're a hick).

Is this maybe a bit pedantic? ;)

coffeedotbean(Posted 2004) [#6]
Next time I'll shut up ;)

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#7]

Next time I'll shut up ;)

What? and spoil my fun? :)

SSS(Posted 2004) [#8]
Its a fun game tho i did notice one thing, if u go on the edges you can get through every time... there are never any mins... (by edges i mean the very top and very bottom, other than that a cool game

rsbrowndog(Posted 2004) [#9]
It's all very nice, but what we really want to know is...

Where the heck is Alpha Breed!?!

Cheers,

Ryan

coffeedotbean(Posted 2004) [#10]
Woo AlphaBreed was scraped last year. no plan's to bring it back, it would of been a good project but it started to get too much for just little old me.

Currently working on some other games though 1 of which is being published by alawar in a few weeks.