Hunted

Community Forums/Showcase/Hunted

*(Posted 2004) [#1]
Here are some more piccies of Hunted (still working on this bit have to add the vehicle and baricades and the rest of the scripting ;).

SopiSoft(Posted 2004) [#2]
i think it looks good except for the floor texture in the 1st and 3rd screenshot, it really makes the whole scene look a little ugly, it just doesnt fit with the rest of the used textures...

just my 2 euro cents ;-)

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#3]
The outside screenshot is a bit empty, but it looks good.

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#4]
Hey, cool, you're still working on this one! I agree that those textures tile way too much and are bit boring... change those and the whole game looks 100% better!

googlemesilly(Posted 2004) [#5]
hey the first one looks really photorealistic !

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#6]
i liiiike it!!!

--Mike

*(Posted 2004) [#7]
I have added some barrels etc to the area will be adding the Moon Rover soon :), I have also updated the last pic (hunted3.jpg) this now shows the what the new area looks like ;)

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#8]
looks nice, first texture a bit, toooo in your face and the lights are too bright imo :) of course, looks awesome and better than i could do ^_^

good job!

Foppy(Posted 2004) [#9]
Very good looking pictures, and...

>> still working on this bit have to add the vehicle and baricades and the rest of the scripting

...what is "the vehicle"? A vehicle you can actually use?

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#10]
i agree with aCID... the first shot IS definitely a lil stunning... but i think that that is what makes it unique... and inviting.

if the rest of the scene elements share this type of impact and are design to display in the same style, then this can really be neat...

--Mike

*(Posted 2004) [#11]
I have changed the floor tile, also make some more 'adjustments' to the game level. On the note of vehicles I have started to add them 'properly' to the engine (giving them thier own class and ive already worked out eleven different subclasses of vehicles =) ). To start with tho there will be the quad in the starting grounds for players to toy with (also gives me a chance to fine tune the coding for it =) ).

I have also uploaded some more piccies as you can see above.

GNS(Posted 2004) [#12]
Wow! Certainly has come a long way since I last saw it over at BlitzCoder. Very nice Ed. I think a new demo is in order (hint , hint...knudge, knudge). ;)

*(Posted 2004) [#13]
GNS: Its come a long way due to me actually getting a scanner (I know this sounds strange) this allows me to draw what I want and then base my models on that. As for a demo all in good time ;)

Once I have the map looking how I want it I will then work on the next part of the map (drawing/mapping then modelling :) ). Its getting very 'Aliens' ATM ;)

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#14]
Its getting very 'Aliens' ATM ;)

Cool! :)

*(Posted 2004) [#15]
More new piccies, the final 'Main Entrance' is almost there it just needs the sign and maybe a few more tweaks. FYI it takes 2.5 hours to lightmap on medium detail in Quill3d.

Rob(Posted 2004) [#16]
I love it, building textures need changing. For up close detail, use detail mapping, and don't tile so much :)

Steve Fash(Posted 2004) [#17]
Needs a new demo Ed :) But I must say, it's looking great though ! :)

*(Posted 2004) [#18]
More new piccies, a demo will arrive once I have a few more segments of the level done (ATM its this bit and a small area inside).

I have increased the detail on the pipes now they look much better, although on my 1Ghz the entire level takes six hours to lightmap.

Hopefully by adjusting the textures as I have it will solve the repetive texture problem a bit, may add a few blast decals etc.

*(Posted 2004) [#19]
Finally added rain, sky and the mountain for backing :)

GNS(Posted 2004) [#20]
Great stuff Ed. :D

The rain should certainly add to the eerie atmosphere.

Xzider(Posted 2005) [#21]
awesome!

Bouncer(Posted 2005) [#22]
Xzider: Please don't post to old threads... at least when you have nothing better to say.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#23]
This has come a long way ... man I was working on True-Vol still when you were doing this to begin with ... looks like it's changed quite a bit.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#24]
Nice work, but the creature mesh is too dark on my monitor. Needs more use of contrast imho.

*(Posted 2005) [#25]
still have to sort out a lot of the behind the scenes lighting stuff but its getting there. Also want to change the hacking system so its more System Shock 1 than shock2's as that had more 'variety' =).

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#26]

Hunted(17%), SF2002(.03%), Elite Multiplayer(.3%), Necro(.01%), Fury Squadron(12%)

:)

Foppy(Posted 2005) [#27]
Xzider: Please don't post to old threads...
If you post to it it's not old anymore.

*(Posted 2005) [#28]
Mustang: your point is ;)

Check out blitzcoder there is a piccy of the new Cobra MkIII for Elite Multiplayer =)

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#29]
Just thought that those .03% were funny :)... and surely you have more than 17% of the Hunted done, because I have seen so much stuff from it already?

*(Posted 2005) [#30]
ATM I have to do a complete todo list (my one was lost unfortunately) once thats done I will be able to post a more definite answer :). There is still LOADS to do graphically and designing maps but the current map editor Quill3d takes 2-4 hours to lightmap a single section of the game, this ties up the machine completely.

I would use maplet but thats no good for nice looking levels (the grid doesnt go small enough). CShop4 has a problem with prefabs (they have lighting problems). So I either write my own which im looking into or use Quill3d.