TileFactory (wip name) screenshot

Community Forums/Showcase/TileFactory (wip name) screenshot

skn3(Posted 2004) [#1]
First screenshots I am showing of an application I have been creating for some time now.

Main features are:
- infinite layers, with infinite string/byte/int/float properties assigned per layer

- infinite objects, with infinite animations and properties (string/byte/int/float)

- built in image import. easy one click tile slicer

- built in object editor. assign properties and animations to objects

- built in animation editor. Drag and drop interface. Assign any sequence of your imported images, into an animation.

- Save map with image library included as a png, into file. Save seperate if required.

- Map preview window.

That is just some of the features, and there are more to come.

Daz(Posted 2004) [#2]
This looks really good. Is this for your own use only or is it going to be something you share with the community?

skn3(Posted 2004) [#3]
Not fully decided on that. If there is interest, I may offer it for an extremly reasonable price :)

It is intended for personal usage also.

Daz(Posted 2004) [#4]
Well, I will put forward my interest right now!! :)

Failure to make this available to the community will result in a phone call to a friend of a friend of a friend who has a cousin who has an uncle who knows a guy down his local pub who is in the business"take somebody out"!! You have been warned!! LOL.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers.
Daz.

skn3(Posted 2004) [#5]
hehe. Interest is good to hear ;)

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#6]
looks good man

dmaz(Posted 2004) [#7]
Awe man! I'm doing the same thing, even the infinite layers of different datatypes. Our feature list is almost the same but you are much further along. If I was a little closer I'd race ya :)

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#8]
Will it be open source or commercial? I have a strong urge to add a 2d lightmapper to it, if open source.

Looking good anyway.

skn3(Posted 2004) [#9]
Awe man! I'm doing the same thing, even the infinite layers of different datatypes. Our feature list is almost the same but you are much further along. If I was a little closer I'd race ya :)

haha, better get your rollerskates on, as they say.

Will it be open source or commercial? I have a strong urge to add a 2d lightmapper to it, if open source.

Looking good anyway.

Ty, and I'm pretty sure this wont be open source. Tbh honest hadn't even though of doing 2d lightmapping until you suggested it. Not sure it would really be worth while, most tile based games use graphics done by hand.

Réno(Posted 2004) [#10]
differents speed for parallax effects ??

skn3(Posted 2004) [#11]
You would be able to setup a default "blueprint" property that gets added to every layer created.

So any time you created a layer, it would add:
"X speed" FLOAT default = 1.0
"Y speed" FLOAT default = 1.0
to the layer.

Then you can simply modify these values depending on your engine. That was my main idea. Not to tie it to a particular set of properties or conventions, and make it totaly open :)