more demo pics

Community Forums/Showcase/more demo pics

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#1]
see below

Owens(Posted 2004) [#2]
Looking good. I like the character textures.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#3]
Looks great! (What kind of Editor is that? I kinda missed it. Was it released? Freeware? Shareware?)

Maybe the leaf of the trees etc. is a bit too dark, so the contours are kind of heavy, especially since the contours of masked textures are heavy anyway.
I like your artwork very much. It's some of the best I've seen in blitz. I just imagine how this would look with pixelshaders or even only a bit of fog.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#4]
dammit, tripod closed my account. they reckon I am abusing my terms of service because my bandwidth has increased a lot today .
Cheers Owens, took me ages to get the characters right

yeah jfk the leaves look dark because multilply 2 doesn't work with transparency.
the editor is jsut for this prjoect. i don't think adam intends to release it.its really nice though

puki(Posted 2004) [#5]
Tiz a bit of a shame that the pictures are not there - I like "Ruz's" jester-boy pictures (I assume that is what we were meant to be seeing).

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#6]
yeah . I am annoyed now,I have no webspace for the time being (sniff)

puki(Posted 2004) [#7]
sniff here too - sniff, sniff. I wanted to see the pics - sniff - boo hoo. Still, send me your IP and I'll lift what I want off your PC - can't say fairer than that.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#8]
LOL
I am trying to get my other web site at identity crisis back up.

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#9]
oh gah. Don't you hate tripod? They shut down at least 6 of my temporary storage sites in a row. All I was trying to do was send someone a zip file (which is allowed) containing a .exe or .swf file (which is allowed). I don't know what's wrong with those people. You'd think they could at least delete the locked sites for good, so that maybe they could free up a little wasted space filled with locked web sites that just makes it harder to name a new one (and makes them have to make their services even more lame).
Apparently Legion, being a new web host, is quite good. URL is http://www.gibbering.net/

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#10]
dammit yeah , they are really starting to bug me
I can't even contact them to complain

I tried legion, but I cannot be arsed to set it up, thanks for the link anyway

puki(Posted 2004) [#11]
Why not upload onto that old Blitz3D Yahoo Group - I assume you can upload to it - I've not tried it before - nobody uses it - it is completely dead (but still functioning - like a ghost ship).

Algo(Posted 2004) [#12]
Here you go here's a few pics I took. If you send me your pics Ruz I'll stick them up.

Hmmm tea.

puki(Posted 2004) [#13]
Yeh!!! Jester-boy is back. Hey, nice inteterior there "Ruz" - this is the first time I have seen an interior in your game.

All-in-all - this seems to be the new "Britney Spears" of 'Blitz3D' (although "Akat's" thingy is looking hot and horny.

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#14]
VERY VERY cool!!! need some hosting? i can give you a 50mb or more if needed subdomain with no adverts? if you want that email me at acid2@... or post back here

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#15]
very nice screenshots. It's nice and colourful.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#16]
cheers evryone who posted comments.
acid2 i wil get back to you, my damn computer has gone screwy now

Matty(Posted 2004) [#17]
looks very pretty. Everything looks really crisp too.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#18]
Thanks matty. the only real thing bugging is not having crisp shadows.But I sacrificed light mapping for vertex colouring.
I may try and put in some more fake vertex shadows to give more depth

skn3(Posted 2004) [#19]
Nice screenshots. One thing to point out, is that the characters and world seem way out of scale.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#20]
How do you figure that?, the charatcers fit perfectly in doorways and rooms.

skn3(Posted 2004) [#21]
Btw, I didn't mean that as criticism, was just giving you some feedback.

example 1:

The guys head is in line with the bottom of the window, he looks liek a mini person, who would have to struggle to look out the window.

example 2:

Either the guy is massive, or those are some very small trees. Or, the trees are ok height, but are not the right design for the size they are.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#22]
hmm you are probably right. i may make the trees bigger. its odd that you can stare at something for so long yet not notice stuff like this
The trees do look rather small now you mention it

I think in the first shot it may just be the persective. it would be easy to put right though. cheers for the input

HNPhan(Posted 2004) [#23]
I love your style in the textures, very very nice :)

skn3(Posted 2004) [#24]
I know exactly what you mean about the staring and not realising.

Recently I drew a picture, and to me it looked perfectly to scale. Then somone pointed out a part that looked totally wrong.. and it suddenly appeared. I was shocked.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#25]
cheers TigerZ - hopefuly we can get this demo sorted out soon

skn3[ac]
thats why its always best to get a few opinions. thats what aI miss about art college, people just tell it like they see it.

Clique(Posted 2004) [#26]
Hey good job Ruz, that game looks better every time you show us.

electronin(Posted 2004) [#27]
Wow!!! nice job with the textures, Ruz!

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#28]
Ruz great work on those textures...im jealous

Paolo(Posted 2004) [#29]
Just Great!
Those character and levels are perfect texturized, excellent job!

Please, finish this game, no matter how much it takes :)
Paolo.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#30]
cheers guys. adam has being doing a great job with the programming.
he has got the sheep walking around now , using way points and the enemy soldier is doing his thing .
the butterfly flutters aorund too which looks great

The painful thing is tweaking everything to iron out the little faults.

we wil try paolo, not easy to finish a whole game

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#31]
this is one of the enemies I am going to be building this week

http://rusby.polarstudios.co.uk/concept%20stuff/Robot_seagull.jpe