Almost ready

Community Forums/Showcase/Almost ready

Lorenzo(Posted 2004) [#1]
my first Blitz 3D game is 95% done. Still need to add music and adjust the weapon pickups and POOF! it'll be ready. Meanwhile, check out the updated demo and let me know what you think.
Download the Demo!

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#2]
WOW! Lorenzo this is a great implementation!

Great work!

It is nice to look at, easy to use, great to play. All the elements for a great game.

I tried the joypad option - it worked really well - I had my Wingman Cordless connected - slick!

...okay Ive played it a bit longer now - I still love the work you've done here!

A couple of quick points:

(1) I think power-ups from previous attempts were active in new games.

(2) Occasionally got Memory Access error - not sure why but it did happen twice.

(3) I would love to see a motion balance button with say three uses per ship, I am rubbish at this kinda game I just want to blast everything and fly around at top speed so an instant speed reducing device would be useful.

(4) what kind of music are you going to use? I think it needs something during play to lift it too, but perhaps not so much music as distant scf-fi style effects, with maybe a rythm speeding up as play progresses.

(5) Sound fx to announce the powerups would be good, they could fade in volume as their time is running out, to give you a clue as to whether there is enought time to attempt to get them or not.

Great stuff so far though!

IPete2.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#3]
Although I didn't test it, I think this release has by far not enough the feedback it deserves. Probably you should post some screenshots along the release of a demo, or at least a description of what it exactly is, I guess a lot more people would react. (Or maybe I just missed the main thread?) Anyway, I higly respect any demo that reaches a 95% state.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#4]
I had a look. Nice work m8. nice visual's and a good feel of gameplay.

Id say its to get harder faster though. its to easy to just sit in the middle not moving and just turn to shoot the asteroids.

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#5]
Yeah, and it's hell hard moving around, and I also think that the comets are too dark. But nice game!

DareDevil(Posted 2004) [#6]
Bravo lorenzo,

come primo lavoro non č male solo che gli asteroidi con la ati 9200 appena si intravedono sono molto scuri.
continua cosė!!

enzo_light@...

skn3(Posted 2004) [#7]
Very nice indeed.
Id make 1 suggestion, and that is include a 2-4 player online multiplayer mode.

oh and another tiny suggestion: Show a loading status on startup. It takes a long time to load, so you really need to update the progress of the load, to the user.

Good jorb!

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#8]
Hey I like it too...

but ya gotta get those bin files packed...

Try the excellent datapak

Lorenzo(Posted 2004) [#9]
Thanks for the compliments and suggestions. Here are some screens. Keep the suggestions coming. good stuff.

Matty(Posted 2004) [#10]
Played it...really well polished. I love the explosions. It seems a little too easy to keep your ship stationary - from memory in the original asteroids once you began moving it became really hard to stop again. Good work.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#11]
Hey, very nice stuff :D. I did get a bit bored after 20 mins though, so i just played till i got 500,000 odd :)

Pretty cool though ;) Nice work!

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#12]
Veeeeery nice!

I also think it could get a little harder earlier, but maybe some sort of difficulty setting could be available so that could be adjusted by the player.

Would like to hear more gravelly and sustained/echoed sounds when the asteroids break up.

Apart from that it is very polished indeed.

sswift(Posted 2004) [#13]
You got smashed?

What is this, Space Alcoholic? :-)

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#14]
Lorenzo, please do a US translation for sswift ;)

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#15]
nice!!!!!!!!

SopiSoft(Posted 2004) [#16]
looks sweet!!!

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#17]
Why is it someone's always doing what I'm doing!? :)