nanotest update

Community Forums/Showcase/nanotest update

Bouncer(Posted 2004) [#1]
Just posting updated test of nano.
I haven't worked with it much. Some changes to the engine and a new level to play with.

Should start with the a.i. sometime...

--> www.kotiposti.net/naama/nanotest.zip

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#2]
runs fine for me, still not entirely sure what the purpose of the game is though.

Paolo(Posted 2004) [#3]
Pretty interesting movement and Physics :)

Is this a tokamak implementation or you code it all? Either way, it feels fantastic when you hit things or collide with them...

Keep it up!
Paolo.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#4]
I believe it's his own physics code using verlets. Very impressive :)

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#5]
Yes its very impressive.. Whats the goal of the game?

Bouncer(Posted 2004) [#6]
Goal of the game is just kill your opponents...
I plan on having all kinds of teamplay/capture the flag/defend base type of game modes... very typical multiplayer game stuff really.

I should really work on the A.I. next... I think it might be pretty difficult to incorporate "intelligent" ai for this kind of game... where users can create pretty weird levels.

It's also hard to find time to get the actual game components in... :) Too much other stuff to do... don't we all :)

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#7]
I think you have done just fine so far, and I am certain you'll find some way to finish it too :)

GrahamK(Posted 2004) [#8]
I really think you should finish this, apart from Platypus, this certainly has one of the most individual 'styles' I've seen in a game.

Go for it.... goooo on.. you know you want toooo.. :)

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2004) [#9]
Very nice, this both feels and looks great. For the AI, you could use path nodes to get the computer enemies to move around. :)

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#10]
Wow!

The gummy cylinder physics are awesome. Spotted only one error - that circle opening thing is missing some collisions on the left side of it.

ErikT(Posted 2004) [#11]
Nicer than ever. Keep at it, I *need* to feel the TR-rush again. :)

Binary_Moon(Posted 2004) [#12]
Since this seems so underappreciated I though I would add my support. All very cool it is :)

However - I think the camera gets too close when all the bad guys are destroyed, and I managed to get stuck :(

If you go to the top left of the 'game world' and then drop straight down until you hit the gooey thing - you get stuck and can't get out (the tail gets in the way of turning around).

Oddball(Posted 2004) [#13]
I think you should do away with the dynamic camera all together. It's sometimes hard to see escape routes when half the level is off screen. Either that or have a radar with all the various parts of the level shown on it.

You definately need more weapons and a whole host of power ups in there, but I'm sure you're getting to that bit soon. I'd like to see this one finished. I love these Grav Force style games.