Colour Splash, kids game!

Community Forums/Showcase/Colour Splash, kids game!

Spec(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hello everyone!

Anyone on this site got kids?
Age 3 to 9?

Check out my site : www.spectrestudios.co.uk

Colour Splash has gone live for download!!

Colour Splash is a computerised colouring book that gives hours of fun to kids of all ages! With this game you can colour one of the many pictures on screen and print the finished picture out to show all your friends, you can even print out the picture for you to colour in yourself with paints or crayons!!! Not only does this game give lots of fun with the jolly music playing in the background but also will improve your child's hand to eye co-ordination and colour recognition skills. Have fun!

This post is in the correct section now! :)

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#2]
It's quite hard to tell what the buttons do, when I tried to save my beatifull drawing it just dissapeared.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#3]
first off... i like this sort of stuff aimed at kids
..but i ran it past my 7 yr old and he thought it was too babyish, he wanted to draw his own pictures and colour freehand

i think you need to aim it at 2 to 5 yr old, boobah generation

Spec(Posted 2004) [#4]
@ eBusiness - The game does have a help button that tells you what all the buttons do :)

@ tiler - Yeah at first I was thinking of that age range to be honest, but have tested it on kids ranging from 3 to 9 and they all enjoyed the full version, don't forget the full version has more pictures and a print option which does give a lot more to the game :)

Thanks for the comments and keep your views coming :) :)

Anyone seen any of my other work on the site, eg Gfx or Demos??
What did you think?? :)

By for now! :)

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#5]
What language is Colour Splash written in?

There is a couple of bugs in your Pong clone, if the ball hit the end of a bat, it will go into a sort of zig-zag mode (very common bug), and if the player bat by the start of a round is located in the top of the screen, it will block the new ball.

Spec(Posted 2004) [#6]
:) Yeah the Pong game is just a little program I was working on, it is not finished by a long way!! but I put it on the site for a freebie as a bit of fun! :) :)
Hope it passed a couple of minutes for you. :) :) :) :)