Early swimming pool

Community Forums/Showcase/Early swimming pool

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hey,

My modeller has jsut completed a swimming pool for a tech demo for our current game. Figured you lot may be interested :)

You can get the tech demo at: http://www.downloads.polarstudios.co.uk/twisted-souls/water.rar

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#2]
STOP!!!

Don't jump off the diving board just yet!!!

They haven't finished filling the pool!!!!!!

btw great looking work...

i especially like the lighting and the way the tiles reflect the light...

the walls could use maybe a lil less bumping... but it's not objectionable at all.

lets take a look at this demo...

--Mike

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#3]
Very nice screenshot. I don't suppose you can post the demo as a zip? I can't unpack rar.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#4]
The demo doesn't exactly match the screenshot. The water is nice, but the controls and the rest leave a lot to be desired!

GfK(Posted 2004) [#5]
What Fredborg said. Here's a screenshot I took a few minutes ago. The controls are horrid - you can't control the camera pitch once you're out of the water, and there doesn't seem to be any textures included (they aren't in the .rar file). Also, as you can see from this image, there's a 1 metre gap between the water and the pool wall, like moses has been in there or something.

The reflection in the water is very inaccurate also.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#6]
Nice water, but the reflection image, doesn't quite match the actual scenary :)

Is the screen shot you posted, from within blitz, because the walls look brilliant :)

electronin(Posted 2004) [#7]
The screenshot looks great, but there are some problems with the demo:

there don't seem to be any textures
the controls could be a lot better, maybe have full mouselook and move with the arrow keys
there does seem to be a gap between the water and the side of the pool

Rob(Posted 2004) [#8]
Great first start.

Please consider examining the water in my cube demo. If you are using it I will be happy to give you tips.

Please post a more accurate screenshot next time :)

I think it's a good first start. Nows the time to work on the basics like the controls and bring it all together.

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#9]
sorry, im goign to take the demo down, and get my modeller to send me it again but this time with texturing :)
and of course position the water porperly and stuff.
saddly im not quite as good as all of you, but i'll get there ;) at least the comments were constructive :)