Some minor bug fixes

get the full install here:
http://www.beggi.it/roccia/download.asp?id=6

Or the update only here:
http://www.beggi.it/roccia/download.asp?id=7

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#2]
Much better, no slowdown for me at all.

Bugs found:
Copy/Paste menu items don't work, have to use Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V.
Ideally, would like them on a popup menu as well.

CTRL+SHIFT+ARROW should select words in the direction of the arrow key you press, but it doesn't work (SHIFT+ARROW does).

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#3]
F1 causes an unhandled exception (runtime error '5') I then get an Application Error 'The exception Floating-point inexact result'

Roccia(Posted 2004) [#4]
thanks for the feedbak, will fix these bugs today...
Happy that the slowdowns are gone...

With CTRL+SHIFT+ARROW do you mean that should select one Word at a time (instead of one char at a time)???
If this is the case I will add it for sure!

I'm working on project management now...

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#5]
With CTRL+SHIFT+ARROW do you mean that should select one Word at a time (instead of one char at a time)???

Yes, although it should consider punctuation and symbols as the end of a word.
(try it in the blitz IDE for an example of standard Richedit implementation of this).

Roccia(Posted 2004) [#6]
I've uploaded the new beta :-))

Fixed:
- Bug in paste action Undo System introduced in beta 0.12
- Pressing F1 caused an Exception if under cursor there is a space or a number
- When a file is loaded the first page view is not colorized as it should (globals, types and functions names are not colorized)
- "Type" keyword was forgotten for autoindentation rules

Added:
- Right click on Editor now popups edit menu
- Added CTRL [+SHIFT] + ARROW support

Full download here: http://www.beggi.it/roccia/download.asp?id=8

Update Only: www.beggi.it/roccia/download.asp?id=9
Warning: in order to fix the "type" indentation bug, you should manually edit prefs.ini and add "type" after "Function" in IndentMoreTokens property.
This because in update file I've decided not to include the updated prefs.ini so your actual preferences and paths are not overwritten.

See you next time!!

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#7]
Bugs:
If you copy text with the edit menu, then paste with the popup, then hit ctrl+z to undo, you get a runtime error:

---------------------------
FBEditControl
---------------------------
Run-time error '-2147418105 (80010007)':

Invalid procedure call or argument

and the application completely hangs

also, undo after pasting a block of text only undoes the first character of the pasted text, it then ignores all the rest.

Roccia(Posted 2004) [#8]
Perturbatio, I very very appreciate your help!

I've published the new Patch 0.8.14
Full download here: www.beggi.it/roccia/download.asp?id=10

Update Only: www.beggi.it/roccia/download.asp?id=11

I cannot reproduce the first bug you exposed (the one that crash NJABE)

If you can reproduce this, please tell me wich file you were working on and exactly the positions of copy/paste operations

The edit menu and the popup menu are exactly the same object so it shouldn't be different if you do all operations from menu or from popup menu.

I know it's a bit frustrating to find new bugs every time but at the moment i'm working on adding full features to the software and I make very little testing...

Your test help me a lot!
Thanks again
Roccia

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#9]
The crashing bug appears to have been sorted, but there is still a bug with undo.

If you copy and paste a selection of text with a carriage return as the first line (a blank line), then undo, it only undoes the first line.

also, undo on the edit menu, and the popup do nothing.

I know it's a bit frustrating to find new bugs every time but at the moment i'm working on adding full features to the software and I make very little testing...

That's why it's Beta isn't it? I fully understand the need to testing and the likelyhood that there will be bugs (I've beta tested many things before).

Roccia(Posted 2004) [#10]
Hi perturbatio.

New Patch updated:

Get it there: http://www.beggi.it/roccia/downloads/Beta0814bUpdate.exe

I fixed (I hope!) the bug you found in paste action + a bug that caused comment lines and strings that contained tabs in the middle not to be displayed correctly

Since you are my best Beta tester, If you prefer, I can notify you for updates directly by mail

I already have your email but since it's a lot of time I've received it (It was november 2003, when first exposed NJABE project here...) I don't know if now it's the same...

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#11]
My email address is indeed the same yes.
and email notification would be handy :)

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#12]
The application will not launch at all now, when I run it, I get the default windows beep and then nothing happens.
something appears briefly in the process list but I can't get a good look at it.
There are no errors in the event log either.