NJABE - New Blitz IDE Updated!

Community Forums/Showcase/NJABE - New Blitz IDE Updated!

Roccia(Posted 2004) [#1]
Beta 0.8.11 is out now!

This should be first complete and usable beta. Project management still to do but all other functionality should work as expected

New Additions:
- Preferences dialog: no more need to edit prefs.ini
- Standard shortcut for basic operations
- Save Debug Enabled and Autoindent status on exit

Bugs Fixed in this release
- Ask to Save modified files before exit njabe
- Close Source and Close All menus not working
- Type Fields with multiple var declaration are interpreted as one single var
- Opening a new Doc reset all docs icons to the "unmodified" one
- caret disappears while you keep arrows keys pressed

Get it there
http://www.beggi.it/roccia/download.asp?id=4 (~2.4Mb)

If you downloaded a previous version get the update only
http://www.beggi.it/roccia/download.asp?id=5 (~650Kb)

Hope you find it useful.
Regards

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#2]
I'm still getting that lag issue, to give an example of what happens.

if I type "This is a test" several times, sometimes it will come out correctly, sometimes certain letters don't appear until near the end of the sentence (and yes, I'm being careful about how I type it):
i.e.
This s a testi
ths ii a tests

also, typing 123456789 using the keypad (to minimize the chances of a typo) I get:

Perhaps you could knock up a small app that uses a timer (if that's what you think the problem is), and I can test it. I have to say I haven't had any problems with other programs and multi-processors.

Roccia(Posted 2004) [#3]
Perturbatio,
thanks a lot for your feedback.
Can you tell me if this problem occurr also if you are at the very beginning of the file or only while you are typing some lines near the end of the file??

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#4]
it happens at the beginning and the end of the file.
It doesn't happen with a new file, only with one with a reasonalbe amount of code in it (implying that the issue is perhaps with the syntax highlighting or code completion routines).

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#5]
If you put a lineshift in front of a For command, there will be put a tabulation in front of it.

Roccia(Posted 2004) [#6]
to Perturbatio: Eureka!!! I found what your problem is. It was a piece of code for debug purpose that was enabled in release version instead of debug (VB IDE) version.

I've not noticed this bug just because running the program from ide didn't execute that code that was the cause of the slowdown

This helped me to find a better way to organise tokens and now I'm working on it just because the new approach seems to be 5x times faster than actual on very long files

to eBusiness:
Thanks for reporting that bug. I've fixed it now and tomorrow (or tonight) i hope to release the new patch...

Apart from these annoying bugs, what do you think about this editor??

Concerning the Project management section of the IDE, what kind of features you would like to see implemented?

Thanks again for your feedbak

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#7]
Project management: The ability to compile the exe, and put the exe and all resource files into a selfextractor.

And don't forget to support custom exe icons.

Other than that, a feature for telling you when you have misspelled a variable name, for the Default Blitz Ide I suggested having a variable name written in another colour if it is only written once.

Show us that you are not writing JABE!

Roccia(Posted 2004) [#8]
to eBusiness:
Actually all global variables have a color. if the variable you type is drawn in the default color (white for default color scheme) this means that is a local variable or a misspelled one.

I'm evaluating the possibility to colorize local variables too, and of course all variables/functions presents in included files.

Actually only global,types,functions of opened files are colorized (other than keyword and userlib functions)

Concerning Project management I'm trying to integrate InnoSetup (the free tool i've used to build the NJABE setup too) for build self-extracting executables.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#9]
Have you uploaded a new version yet? :)

Roccia(Posted 2004) [#10]
No sorry, I will upload it tomorrow since now it's 3.12 am in Italy and I'm going to bed :-))

I will post the new link here, of course, as soon as the new patch will be online