NJABE (Blitz IDE Replacement) - First beta OUT!

Community Forums/Showcase/NJABE (Blitz IDE Replacement) - First beta OUT!

Roccia(Posted 2004) [#1]
Finally I can publish the very first beta version of NJBAE.

NJABE is my own IDE replacement for Blitz3D

Main features are:
- Free
- Advanced color colorizing
- Advanced code completition (can complete types and fields for types too)
-Multiple undo levels
-Project management (still to be completed)

I need beta testers for it.

You can download it and find info about it here:
http://www.beggi.it/roccia/projects.asp

In order to download it you need to "register" to my web site. This allow me to keep track of people that are testing it.

Bye!

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#2]
Ran the installer:

The CPU have found an illegal instruction
CS:06d5 IP:013b OP:63 65 3d 22 41

Doesn't seem good

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#3]
Ah, the installer seems to be sized 264 bytes.

Roccia(Posted 2004) [#4]
Ooops, something went wrong when uploading it to the web site.

Now should be ok!

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#5]
downloading now, took a little longer than you first thought then? :)

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#6]
ok first bugs:
It should really just prompt you for the location of the blitz3D directory, this would solve the next bug.

if you enter the path to your B3D directory and have a \ on the end, the program dies horribly.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#7]
The text cursor doesn't appear to reflect the actual text positions.
like so:

*EDIT*
It seems to work ok with a font like Courier New (fixed width font), but not the default blitz

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#8]
The exit NJABE menu item does nothing.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#9]
it would be nice to be able to double-click on an item in the listboxes on the left (function list, globals, etc) and jump to the definition in the edit window.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#10]
The editor is very laggy, it takes about half a second for a character to show, once the code gets to a certain size (my test code was 1677 lines long).

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#11]
A spaces width seems to be getting multiplied.

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#12]
Blitz is not a good font to use, it seems to fit with courier. The tabulators are not true tabulators, as they are now they will always make a block of a certain size, they should align to certain colums. The colour or a function is very close to the backgrund colour. The very last bit of a long line will get cutted due to the scroll bar.

You got work to do, but for an early pre-release it seems ok.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#13]
Debug window does not show.

Roccia(Posted 2004) [#14]
to Perturbatio:
I know the problem with the B3D Path but it will be fixed when I will complete the "Preferences" Dialog.

The cursor does not position correctly if you use a proportional font. You must use a fixed-sized font in this editor.Courier New or the original blitz font should be ok.

Some menus still must to be completed...sorry

I've tested it with very large files (>8000 lines) without problems...my PC specs are less than yours..I don't understand why it appear to be laggy in your pc?!?

Roccia(Posted 2004) [#15]
First update online!!!

Thanks to perturbatio and eBusiness i've found and resolved first bugs...

On my web site you can find first update v0.8.10
This release fix:
-Exit menu now ask for confirmation and then exit the editor

- double-click on the listbox on the left now jumps to definition line and highlight it.

- When scrolling to the right "tabbed" lines now show as it should to the real end of line

- Debug Window now popups correctly

Thanks for your support!

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#16]
Ok, the default font is set to Blitz, it should be set to blitz (case sensitive), that's why it was displaying incorrectly.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#17]
It is still laggy for me, my processor usage hits 50% (100% usage for processor 1, 2 doesn't get used since it isn't multi-threaded).
*EDIT* The source I'm using is from JumpAround (see the thread in user creations if you want to test it with that).

When you choose exit and have unsaved changes, it does not ask if you wish to save.

Close source menu option does not work (neither does close all).

gosse(Posted 2004) [#18]
Can't download it, I receive a Connection reset by server everytime. :(

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#19]
It's a little slow at the moment I've noticed (I was getting 5kbps).

dynaman(Posted 2004) [#20]
I get the following error when running the program the first time (Downloaded about 5 minutes ago, so the latest version)

error during initialization process: bad file name or number.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#21]
The update version install worked fine for me, it might have been corrupted during download.

Roccia(Posted 2004) [#22]
to dynaman:
edit prefs.ini in order to point to right Blitz3d Directory, then relaunch the app.
Your error should be due to this.

To perturbatio: I will test it with the file you are using, but it's very strange this behaviour...
I will complete the close source and close all menu items...
I hope there will be a new update today...

Roccia(Posted 2004) [#23]
Added an entry in blitzCoder site:
http://www.blitzcoder.com/cgi-bin/showcase/showcase_showentry.pl?id=roccia7304302004193203&comments=no

I've added a direct link to download Njabe

Go to http://www.beggi.it/roccia/download.asp?id=2 for Full install(2.38Mb)
or go to http://www.beggi.it/roccia/download.asp?id=3 for update install, if you already downloaded a previous version

Today I will release a new beta with preferences dialog, so no more need to edit prefs.ini

Roccia(Posted 2004) [#24]
to Perturbatio:I've downloaded JumpAround and tried to edit the longest .bb file without any slowdown.

I can only imagine that there are some problems with visual basic timers and a multiprocessor pc, since you are the only one person that seem to suffer from these slowdowns.

In next release I will try to increase some timer interval and I hope this will help