MMOrpg Creation Engine

Community Forums/Showcase/MMOrpg Creation Engine

ckob(Posted 2004) [#1]

We have hit 54 members over at www.mmorpgce.com alot of members have made mods to the engine that can be freely downloaded in the members section. We also have a couple games coming along quiet nicely and our community treats new members with alot of respect and we are all willing to help. The mmorpgce project was started because there are TONS of developers who want to create an Massive Multiplayer game but are often turned away from it because theres to much work envolved or they just dont know where to start, this engine gives you the founding blocks to get you started on the road to creating a Massive Multiplayer game. I have also put the share-it purchase link back on the page do to lack of intrest with some people and paypal :P . If you haven't seen the website please stop over and check it out.

www.mmorpgce.com

the_cre8or(Posted 2004) [#2]
This engine is cool!, i can't beleive how well it works, and how little bandwidth 1 player takes up!

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#3]

ckob(Posted 2004) [#4]
well the main reason 1 player only takes up so little bandwitdh is because it's really only sending position packets, the next update will have complete server sided character saving but it still shouldnt go above 2 bytes per player

ckob(Posted 2004) [#5]
We currently have a new update thats do to come out very soon which will contain alot of new improvements and also will have all the current user mods added to it, We are also holding a contest for the members to win some great prizes so if your thinking about getting the engine sometime soon might be a really good time to get it.

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#6]
I remember you having a "stress test" to see how many people it would take to start to start bogging bandwidth or something...

What were the test results of that?

ckob(Posted 2004) [#7]
i could only get like 8 people to test it so that never happened

Falelorn(Posted 2004) [#8]
Its pretty decent, and easy to mod, a lot of us are going nuts on modding, adding TerraED, BlitzTree3D, BlitzPlay Pro, WorldSPin, Python Scripting, Linux based server, and a few other things.

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#9]
I am officially a registered user of mmorpgce. Folks should really consider getting this if RPGs are what you are after. EVen if you do not MOD it and use the full source, there is lots of good code you can use in your own games.

ckob(Posted 2004) [#10]
heh thanks miami im glad your on board and I look forward to seeing your creations using the engine