SLOVG Demo (final release)

Community Forums/Showcase/SLOVG Demo (final release)

Olive(Posted 2004) [#1]
I finished my demo a month ago, you can get it here : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pigmin/SLOVG/slovg2.zip

(Full source included).

(The last effect is pretty sloxw so you gonna buy a new PC for it !!!)

have fun.

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#2]
Screenshot?

DH(Posted 2004) [#3]
Screenshot?

Agreed. It's getting too tedious to download all these demos without knowing if I am going to care to look at them in the first place. I want to give the benifit of the doubt, however my HDD can't take much more, its already yelling at me as it is :)

Olive(Posted 2004) [#4]
ok here it is :

and here :

Sorry for the size..

Some comments :

-It's in french but there's not a lot of text except in the credits
-You can exit at any moment by pressing ESC
-Look in "bonus" directory for some cool stuff
-The last effect is not optimized at all !!! The demo was written in a programming contest so i have no time to optimize the last effect..
-Feel free to use all source/objects
-email me before using mp3 if you want to use it.

my email : pigmin@...

Have fun , good commentaries are welcome, bad commentaries....well they are welcome too :)

Bremer(Posted 2004) [#5]
Very nice effects, thanks for sharing.

Olive(Posted 2004) [#6]
Coming from you i take this as a great honnor :)

Thanks.

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#7]
Cool Demo. Some impressive effects, well done :)

Red(Posted 2004) [#8]
Pourquoi tu posterais pas une news comme ça tu apparaitrais dans la newsletter de ce mois-ci.
Tu aurais ton heure de gloire. :)
-
Why you would not post a news as that you would be quoted in the newsletter this month. You would have your hour of glory. :)

Olive(Posted 2004) [#9]
Good idea !!! It's done !!! I'll become a star !!

Merci Ed :) Vivement mon heure de gloire, les filles, l'argent...

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#10]
Ah, je ne sais... il n'y a... il n'y a... l'impressionisme. L'expression est tres diffuse. Mais, peut etre, ont tu include des étoiles, et une seule baguette, ce deviendra bon art. Fait les étoiles!

Pepsi(Posted 2004) [#11]
Hi Olive, great demo! I enjoyed the tunnel effect ride with the music. :) With the midevil ring thing, even though looked nice, I can tell the fps was quite low, like a frame per second for me. It could just be my poor little GF4 MX 420 64meg videocard though. I suppose my videocard is in the low end range these days. :/

Nice job! :)

Olive(Posted 2004) [#12]
I know, the problem is the particle effect and the 28K polygons of the scene !!! I had no time to optimize the objects because of time restrictions of the contest (i post the demo half an hour before the end of the contest).

For info on a P4 3ghz and a radeon9800 the medieval ring run at 75fps at 800x600x32 !!!

Thanks again.

Wayne(Posted 2004) [#13]
I enjoyed the music and effects, it made me want more.
Outstanding, fun demo, nice work !

Zmatrix(Posted 2004) [#14]
good stuff :) nice demo
stayed at 60fps the whole time.
according to fraps.
1ghz tbird ,256meg , radeon8500

Zmatrix

Neuro(Posted 2004) [#15]
Great stuff! Ran perfect on 1024x768 on my system!

Olive(Posted 2004) [#16]
I forgot :

-you can press 'D' to go in debug mode (show fps , fps compensation and scanline)
-you can press 'S' to take a screenshot