Another Swarm Screenshot

Community Forums/Showcase/Another Swarm Screenshot

Matty(Posted 2004) [#1]

As was suggested I have included a few more different types of vegetation. The game is currently functional and if you are interested in doing some play testing then let me know (multiplayer (2 player) only at this stage).

*(Posted 2004) [#2]
Looks nice! I would do something with the terrain texture tho, its waaay to stretched compared with the rest of the models.

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yup yup... ground looks so out of scale compared to other gfx... more resolution! :)

Matty(Posted 2004) [#4]
Made some changes to the landscape...now it has a detail texture and a blurred base texture(colormap?). Previously it had just a detailed texture which became very distorted as it was stretched over the mesh terrain.

poopla(Posted 2004) [#5]
muuuuch better. :)

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#6]
Yeap, much much much better

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2004) [#7]
You probably don't want to call your game Swarm, though - there are many many games called Swarm already out!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#8]
And the trees would look much better when the contours are not antialiased to black. At least at the top side, where only snow should appear. You might edit it in good old Paint :) . But al in all it's looking cool. Just add some more stuff such as rocks, rivers etc.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#9]
Yeah, the trees look kinda funny. They seems to be too low resolution and the black outline doesn't sit too well. The terrain looks very nice tho :D

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#10]
perhaps you can call the game Swarm[d] ^^

looks nice though! keep it up!

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#11]
Try making the camera angle a bit more upside down.

Matty(Posted 2004) [#12]
I have fixed some bugs in the program and improved some of the game. If you wish to try it out (multiplayer only at this stage - 2 players) then download the following file.
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~gezeder/lloyd/GBS.zip

Instructions for playing the game are at the main menu.

Here are some more in game screenshots:

Matty(Posted 2004) [#13]
The following file will be needed now to run the game. Simply replace the original executable with the one here..

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~gezeder/lloyd/GBS_Patch.zip