jass

Community Forums/Showcase/jass

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#1]
"just another screen shot!" ha, well im putting the final touches on Blitzgrass now - should be finished by tommorow.

R0B0T0(Posted 2004) [#2]
Looking very sharp. Now I can finally make that lawnmowing game I've always dreamed about!

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#3]
Ha, during making this project a lawnmower sim has passed my mind a few times as well.. lol

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#4]
Looks very nice!

How about shading of the grass? Is it done on basis of a lightmap, realtime (dx lights), or not at all?

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#5]
yah defiently needs that, what I have right now is this - you can use a colormap to place grass ( or by hand ), the colormap picker should be able to determine the shading from the terrain shadowmap and adjust accorindingly... We'll see how it turns out.

ErikT(Posted 2004) [#6]
Looks cool, but er, what *is* Blitzgrass exactly anyway? =]

N(Posted 2004) [#7]
You really like writing programs pertaining to foliage/nature/whatnot don't you? 0_o

Looks nice, anyhow. Those green plants bottom-center need some contrast between eachother, in my opinion.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#8]
Thats my kind of grass ! Simply stunning !

Smurfpuss(Posted 2004) [#9]
well what will the price tag be on this product or will blitztree3d get it sheeper or free

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#10]
That's got some great detail! I can see the need for a high-res screenie :)

The plants near the front are the same shade as those further back giving them a '2d cardboard cutout' appearance, but it's so slight, and really the overall quality far outweighs such a minor quibble.

Good stuff! :)

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#11]
Thanks for the comments guys... Im working on breaking up the contrast now although its not easy to do with such small quads.

So far I got it working somewhat, but i have a btter approach in mind.. the same approach i used for Btree3d...

test pic

R0B0T0(Posted 2004) [#12]
You really like writing programs pertaining to foliage/nature/whatnot don't you?

A noble endeavor, it's amazing how much the terrains come to life with this stuff. I'm anxious to see it in motion, however...

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#13]
Ok building off Fredborg's suggestion; here's a pic of foilage/grass matching the underbed ... Still not perfect :(__
I've decided to trash the importing colors from the texture maps and use a vert system instead.. much like btree3d...
It really does allow for much much more control over the scene.

a pic

HNPhan(Posted 2004) [#14]
i really like that new grass! good job :D

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#15]
Very nice indeed! =)

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#16]
Are you using alpha blending? If so, how would this system be of any use with Filax's terrain creator? wouldn't there be alpha issues?

23v(Posted 2004) [#17]
Can we smoke it?

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#18]
No alpha blending is being used... I havent looked at filax's terrain creator yet but if it puts out heightmaps then my grass system will work just fine in it.

23v, smoke away!!, although it's not internally supported. :)>>

Smurfpuss(Posted 2004) [#19]
And the releas of this great grass system will be when like i cant wait to hav it like right now woulde be great

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#20]
Hey, this will come in handy :D

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#21]
It's looking great, but how many polygons does the first image have? And did you evaluate some kind of alpha z-sorting stuff to prevent z-order troubles with the alpha meshes?

yeah, it's looking real nice.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2004) [#22]
I can't download your grass demo.
It gives me an error page!

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#23]