Titans (online)

Community Forums/Showcase/Titans (online)

mouss38(Posted 2004) [#1]
a screenshot from my game, an online fps inpired by "war of the worlds" by H.G. Wells...

N(Posted 2004) [#2]
Appears to be kindof lacking from just that screenshot.

Vehicle is really flat- lacks shading and detail. The trees don't seem to fit in with the environment and those bushes are too 'white' and desaturated. The terrain is probably the best looking part (and I mean just the terrain, not the stuff on it). Anywho, just my opinion.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#3]
Are the tires made of rock?

Rob(Posted 2004) [#4]
Lets not be bitchy. Guy is hardly claiming it's the second coming :)

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#5]
The white tree thingy is probably coming from AutoFading. The terrain does look nice, and the vehicles looks like it has decent physics on it :)

I would definetly take off the auto-fading tho. Would be nice to see it in motion, as a screenshot does not do justice sometimes :)

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#6]
yeah... give the man a chance...

--Mike

N(Posted 2004) [#7]
Nobody is bashing him. Yet.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#8]
Looking forward to see a new game with rich content by Mouss38.

mouss38(Posted 2004) [#9]
yes noel cower ! : the game to garbages !! :p

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#10]
wiht a bit of tweaking it could be inmproved dramatically.
since its a first screenshot , can't say that its too bad.
The vehicle needs to use vertex shading IMHO. looks like 'full bright' as it is.
also try more appropriate textures, not just throwing on a generic texture. i am thinking about the tyres and the bumper here.

poopla(Posted 2004) [#11]
Can I offer to make you a new vehicle to use? :)

Warren(Posted 2004) [#12]
Remember folks, it's all about the gameplay.

*cough*

I mean, good lord, has anyone even bothered to ask what the game is about?!

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#13]
has he made any crazy ivans yet??!!

'cause the next one will be to starboard... he always goes to starboard in the bottom half of the hour...

give the man a chance...

this is a work in progress, isn't it... help him out with some advice... not ridicule...

God... you guys are like vultures orbiting the scene... waiting for some poor guy to post a screenshot of his work...

then you swooop down on him and devour him...

man, i ain never gonna show anything around here :)

--Mike

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#14]
I was just offering some tips :) Sorry if it sounded offending.

c5ven(Posted 2004) [#15]
actually, i'm interested in knowing how "War of the Worlds" inspired this game. i've always been a fan. how about some info on what the game is about?

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2004) [#16]
Screenshot is good. I know I can do the same and I am learning so I can make better... I agree though that is DOES need more "athmosphere" and such... Also the skin on the SUV needs to be tweaked so the letters are right way on both sides or not at all. Tires look weird I agree, in color and lack of depth into terrain. I don't see any martians either. I would like to see a martian.

Rook

Rob(Posted 2004) [#17]
Whats the game about?

Clique(Posted 2004) [#18]
If you make the bumper texture a little less blue it looks like it would make a decent tyre texture.