DECLS File Creator (Thanks Rob F. for the idea)

Community Forums/Showcase/DECLS File Creator (Thanks Rob F. for the idea)

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#1]
As I stated in the other thread by Rob Farley... It was such a great idea that he had that I had to make one of my own. This one is a standalone windows app I created with visual basic (6 not .net you .net haters).

Function definitions that have default values are handled (pain in my butt to parse) by deleting the default value from the definition. I don't think you should run into any definitions that this program doesn't like, but like Rob said about his, if you find some that give it fits... Let me know so I can figure out why.

It has the following functionality currently:

Parses a single blitz file or all included files (user choosable)
Allows selective export of functions to a .decls file

Things to add:

Text / RTF / HTML / Compiled Help File creation

I'm thinking this might be a natural app to add a code-base to. Database archiving of functions, constants, types. Then when you want to use them it assembles them into a standard blitz file and creates a decls file for them.

Also, I'm thinking maybe I should take out my .net hat and create a .decls file creator plugin for protean...........

Anyway... Here's the first iteration

http://www.outergods.com/blitz/declscreator.zip

Kanati

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#2]
If anyone tried to download... The link is fixed.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thanks, that will come in handy!

Btw. I'm not a .net hader, I love that new technology.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#4]
I don't think it should be necessary for the 3rd party IDEs as I would hope they would automatically highlight functions anyway... if they don't they probably aren't worth downloading and certainly not worth paying money for.

As far as I'm concerned this is a workaround for the standard IDE nothing more. This is a crappy way of going about it, the IDE should keep track of functions within the open project and be able to highlight them as necessary.

I think it's appauling that protean doesn't already do this!

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#5]
Mine will make em from dll's not from bb files... it's functional but imma need some time to clean the code...

asdfasdf(Posted 2005) [#6]
the link doesn't work.

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#7]
Heh.... I made one of these too a while back!
Got the idea from Rob Farley too... :) Great minds think alike!

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#8]
I want to download this, but the link is broken.

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#9]
Here's my original code archives version

http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=996

And this is a really old thread!!

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#10]
Why must the person with the dll one be unknown :(

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#11]
No one cares about parsing a stupid bb file, we want it to make a decls straight from a DLL.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#12]
No one cares about parsing a stupid bb file, we want it to make a decls straight from a DLL.

So write one :)

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#13]
Sorry Halo, not clever enough for that.