Jump Around 2

Community Forums/Showcase/Jump Around 2

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#1]
The Jump around thread is a bit big now, so here is #2
The intro from thread 1:
** Update City **

Well this appears to be going rather well!

Here's the link for the latest and greatest version of jump around ( www.frecle.net/misc/JumpAround.zip )

The updates are coming thick and fast so Fredborg is now the code-keeper (please note, whenever you say code-keeper you need to add an echo effect to your voice).

If you add stuff let everyone know where and what has been changed, this way it's going to be pretty straight forward copy and pasting your snippet in. Please do not post full source code anymore as this thread has got insanely huge.

Anyway... Please add away, this is turning into a fantastic game!

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#2]

- Latest and greatest
2004-04-23 15:30 - Improved level system (Fredborg) Saving of player name (eBusiness)

- Older updates
2004-04-23 14:50 - Simple level system and Pause (press P) added. (Fredborg)
2004-04-23 02:25 - Diamonds (rare) and Treasure Chests (extremely rare) added. Plus runs with no net connection (rsbrowndog)
2004-04-22 22:10 - Improved player -> platform collision, improved monster 2 behavior, included original source from Rob Farley in zip file.
2004-04-22 20:40 - Tweaked dying sequence, Added weird ass drop down timer wotsit (also acts as a full power alarm), Tweaked name input, Tweaked 'GetHiscores()' (it wasn't working for me), Added JHocking's story code...Groovy!, Added Rob's bug eyed monster (and the other 'frozen' versions), Changed the colour of a couple of the monsters (hope no one minds), Coins now spin twice as fast, Added Marcus' jump sound/code, New monster behavior! (Yan)
2004-04-22 12:50 - Background color fading (Rob Farley)
2004-04-22 12:20 - Top 5 Highscore display (Marcus + Fredborg)
2004-04-22 12:05 - Better name input (Fredborg)
2004-04-22 11:40 - "Redefinable" controls, and control clean up...Shooting disabled (Perturbatio)
2004-04-22 01:30 - Alternate control schemes (Yavin)
2004-04-22 01:30 - Online Highscores (Marcus), New Music (Yavin), Platform details (Fredborg)
2004-04-22 00:10 - Changed minor bits
2004-04-21 22:00 - Cleaned up the code! :)
2004-04-21 21:45 - Added the code from the next post! (eBusiness)

Come on over! Make a contribution!

From now on, the latest 'full version' is updated around 12:00 CET (Central European Time) whenever someone has contributed something!

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#3]
For the next release, here is an update for the collision part
		For box.box = Each box

; Y Collision
			If Player\yd>0
				collisionA = PointInBox(Player\x,Player\y+1,box)
				collisionB = PointInBox(Player\x,Player\y-5,box)

If collisionA = True And collisionB = False
					deck = True
					Player\y = oldy
					Player\xd=Player\xd*.9
					Player\yd=-Player\yd/3
					Player\Angle = 180
					If Abs(player\xd)<0.2 And Abs(player\yd)<0.2
						jump = False
					End If
				EndIf
			EndIf
			If PointInBox(Player\x,Player\y+20,box) Then onGround=True

Next
		If onGround = False Then jump=True

The player will drop if he doesn't stand on anything.

Murphy(Posted 2004) [#4]
<<deleted>>

Murphy(Posted 2004) [#5]
www.malice.at/JumpAround.zip
have to repack it, because i added some stuff...

much groovier bg-sound from "ToeJay and Earl" "sega genesis"; hope you like it; let me know.
added highscores.... well.... i mean online-scores ;)
playername input, for highscore name - after death the highscore will be saved online with playername.

maybe, we should kick the highscore-file and create a 'settings.cfg' we save stuff like playername in... :)
we will need a settings.cfg anyhow, if we want to make multiplayer too... .
what you think?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#6]
To late Marcus and iM sure your were not the only ones working on it.

http://yavin.binary-people.com/games/JumpAround.zip

Fred this is cool :)

Added some Origonal Music for the game (Only for use in this project)

Also changed the controls a bit and added a mouse target.

Left Arrow :: Move left
Right Arrow :: Move right
Up Arrow :: Boost thing
Down Arrow :: Drop a level.

Mouse 1 :: Fire guns
Mouse 2 :: power up jump.

You will Jump and shoot towards the mouse.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#7]
The Change in controls means for more frantic action, as you will be able to react quicker. Specially if multiplay gets added. :)

Murphy(Posted 2004) [#8]
cool sounds Yavin :)

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#9]
Cool stuff! I didn't like Yavin's controls so much, so I kept the old ones. If anybody (apart from Yavin of course :) ) thinks they are better speak up! Added the music from Yavin. And online highscores from Marcus!

Oh yeah, and beat my score :)

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#10]
how aobut adding a redfine keys option? that way everyone is happy.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#11]
I will leave my download up so some people can get a chance to try my control system..

Hay Fredborg you could add my controls in and just let the player pick with an option at startup. it would save people having to download more that one file to check it out.

Keeps it all in the same place.

Pepsi(Posted 2004) [#12]
This is freak'n cool! Nice work guys. :D

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#13]
bug: if no connection is present, you can't play the game. an internet connection shouldn't really be a prerequisite.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#14]
I added Yavin's controls in!
Press:
1 - for standard controls
2 - for Yavin's controls

I really haven't got time for this, so if someone else would like to be The Co-o-o-ode Ke-e-e-e-eper step up and take the bat!

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#15]
Added the start of redefining controls (should also make multiplayer easier to implement).

*EDIT*
Controls are now in a type, and added SetControls function (only sets default controls at the moment).

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#16]
Pertubatio: Can you mix it up with the latest version? I added Yavin's control scheme in!

And:
I really haven't got time for this, so if someone else would like to be The Co-o-o-ode Ke-e-e-e-eper step up and take the bat!

big10p(Posted 2004) [#17]
Fantastic work fellas! A really addictive game. I saw my score coming up to beating the hi score and I panicked and lost my last life with heart racing. Haven't had that experience for a long time. :)

Some crits/suggestions, just in case you care what I think: :P
- Change yellow monsters to another colour as I kept getting them confused with coins. Maybe just my eyesight, though.
- I know you have a nice power meter but I think it would be good if it was incorporated into the direction arrow somehow (a recoiling spring?), so you dont have to look away from yer little fella to see the power.
- A 'boing!' noise when you jump would be nice, I think.

OK, I guess if I want that I should code it myself. :) Again, great little game!

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#18]
And the story, somebody add the story I wrote (look in the other thread.)

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#19]
in the process of adding my stuff to latest

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#20]
Added, although redefining keys is not yet implemented.

*EDIT*

Hmm... I got a high score of 20000+ but it didn't upload it.

Murphy(Posted 2004) [#21]
Perturbatio

the sorting of the score is now right (was a 'lil too busy yesterday...). works now - and there is even a higher score than yours *hehe*.

for the connection issue - maybe someone have a solution; i'll try my best in the evening :)

P.S.: maybe we should add a TOP-10 to the titel screen?

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#22]
Just downloaded the latest version...

I think it's lost some of it's charm by getting too complicated, 6 controls is way too many for a game like this. I don't like the shooting either, it seems to go against the cutsie image of it. Maybe you should be able to pick up a smart bomb or something? I think pointing a gun at a cute blob and blowing it away seems a little odd. Anyway, that's just me!

Here's some cls colour stuff that fades from the initial colour (just after the image scrolls off the screen) to the final colour based on the max height you specify. Looks best in 32 bit colour.

Global initr#=154
Global initg#=198
Global initb#=237

Global finalr#=0
Global finalg#=0
Global finalb#=80

top#=1500

Function clscoloradjust(backscroll,top)
	If backscroll>480
		If backscroll<top
			pos#=(Float(backscroll)-480.0)/(top-480.0)
			r=initr+((finalr-initr)*pos)
			g=initg+((finalg-initg)*pos)
			b=initb+((finalb-initb)*pos)
			Else
			r=finalr
			g=finalg
			b=finalb
			EndIf
		Else
		r=initr
		g=initg
		b=initb
		EndIf

ClsColor r,g,b
End Function

Not only but also... A B3D proggy to create coins, I've upped the frames to 16 rather than 8, I would suggest speeding up the spin. This needs to textures B and B2 B is a B and B2 is a B mirrored. I'm thinking there could be B O N U S coins. This will kick out a coin.bmp so you'll need to stick it into a paint package and png it! Maybe there should be S M A R T too that does the smart bomb thing?

Graphics3D 256,256,32,2
camera=CreateCamera()
CameraViewport camera,0,0,16,16
light=CreateLight(2)
coin=CreateCylinder(32)
ScaleMesh coin,1,.1,1
RotateMesh coin,90,0,0
PositionMesh coin,0,0,0
MoveEntity camera,0,0,-1.9
CameraZoom camera,1.5
CameraRange camera,.0001,100
EntityFX coin,0
EntityShininess coin,1
PositionEntity light,1000,0,-1000
AmbientLight 50,50,50
EntityTexture coin,LoadTexture("b.png")

tmp=CreateImage(256,16)

For n=0 To 15

If n=9 Then EntityTexture coin,LoadTexture("b2.png")
UpdateWorld
RenderWorld
Flip
CopyRect 0,0,16,16,n*16,0,FrontBuffer(),ImageBuffer(tmp)
TurnEntity coin,0,11.25,0
Next
SaveImage(tmp,"coin.bmp")

Not only but also...

I've taken the antialiasing off the graphics to allow them to work on different background and added a new monster and a new tileset.

I did do a soundtrack too but it seems there's already one so I won't worry about that.

I think there's too much concentration on making this game more complicated and I think it's jepardising game play, it's not a simple little game anymore. I think we need to concentrate on levels.

Dare I suggest removing the shooting?

I like the drop off a platform, although I don't think we should have the extra control so I would suggest that if your power of jump goes off the scale then you drop off the platform, this way you've got to control your jumps better which adds an extra aspect to the game.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#23]
Cleaned up the controls!

The shooting was meant for multiplayer! And maybe a powerup that gave you three shots, although it really should be belches with a nice burp sound to accompany them :)

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#24]
Belches like bobble bubble could be quite fun, but that a much shorter range than what you currently have.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#25]
Belch/Spit/Puke :)

Murphy(Posted 2004) [#26]
a little powerup-system wourld be cool - to bring more action (in such a cuty game lol) into mutiplayer - if it will happen someday (witch means in this project 2 or 3 days *lol*)

like:

shield, enemy-converter (morphs monsters into coins) and so on...

P.S.: TOP - 5
Screeb 51150 
Perturbatio 20750 
Marcus 19450 
mikkel 18500 
KingNothing 12600 

i'm not sure Screeb's score is not cheaten, well nevermind :) it's a challenge to beat this... :oP

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#27]
I agree with Marcus on this one, and I don't think shooting is right, even if it is a belch.

"Shooting was for multiplayer"
Shouldn't multiplayer be a team co-op game? You're fighting against the evil monsters not each other.

Power Ups
=========
Midas - Monsters to coins
Freeze monsters - Touch them when they are frozen and they shatter, but they will thaw out.

S M A R T coins - Destroy all monsters on screen.
B O N U S coins - Big Score

* All coins will give you points and upgrade thrust.

Does anyone else agree with me regarding cutting it back down to 4 control and losing the gun?

Big&(Posted 2004) [#28]
Must say this is such a really great idea. Wish I had caught it at the start...

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#29]
Rob, it's already done (no shooting + 4 key controls) :)

Latest version has the top 5 highscorers as well!

Big& it's never too late to contribute!

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#30]
Oh and can someone correct my Thrust spelling mistake on the instuctions!

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#31]
Fredborg, just tried out the new version... Much better...

Time to back pedal...

Maybe we need some more grace on the dropping off thing? Not sure if it makes it too hard.

It seems a bit harsh now! What do you think?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#32]
if some one does add in the define keys, I ask that they leave in the mouse controls.

Just have it Which do you want to use ?
1. Keyboard
2. Mouse

Then let them redefine their option..

The reason for this is that the mouse controls I added are not just a redefine of the keys, but a new way of controling the player. with a target to aim with.. I actually have more to add to it with multi play in mind..

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#33]
ahh just checked the newest version.. looking good and the full power drop thing cought me off guard.. but nice idea.

oh yeah when we get multi play in .. that second aim sprite i added will be used when the player is aiming at some one and is on target.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#34]
the full power drop thing cought me off guard.. but nice idea

Maybe a slight delay before dropping would be a good idea?

I agree that shooting is not good for the normal game, but maybe we could implement a multiplayer paintball game or something?

Perhaps call it Gob-Ball :)

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#35]
Personally I think the mouse control is a big fat sack of cack. But that's just me.

As far as I'm concerned multiplayer should be co-op. Not another poxy deathmatch bollock drop.

Everyone seems very concerned in making this game more complicated and not more fun.

Power ups and coins need to be added (as I mentioned up there)
A goal for a level needs to be added so you can progress onto the next level.

I propose:
Set a coin limit for each level and a max height to reach so only x coins get created per level.
Level is completed by reaching the height goal, we could probably do with a goal graphic that gets put at that height.
BONUS coins added
SMART coins added
Freeze power up (plus graphics for ice cubed bad guys)
Midas power up

Once we've got this lot in we can start thinking about mulitplayering it, but I think we need a game first.

Someone's got to be a dictator... and it's going to be me!

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#36]
So get coding you lazy git :)

I will not any more to it today, so you have until tomorrow to add in your stuff! You can ofcourse still post alternative versions!

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#37]
I feel the smell of splinters coming on!!

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#38]
I think the mouse control is a big fat sack of cack

I concur.

As far as I'm concerned multiplayer should be co-op. Not another poxy deathmatch bollock drop.

I disagree, I think there should be the option of a deathmatch style game (but no actual killing of other players, just tag them with paint to score points).

But the main multiplayer game should be Co-Op

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#39]
Coins

Murphy(Posted 2004) [#40]
jump sound
www.malice.at/jump.ogg

Sound Loading Code
; Load Sounds
Global getcoin = LoadSound("sounds/coin.ogg")
Global die = LoadSound("sounds/die.ogg")
Global dieplayed = False
Global bg = LoadSound("sounds/bg.ogg")
	LoopSound bg

Global bgchannel = PlaySound(bg)
Global boom = LoadSound("sounds/boom.ogg")
Global jump = LoadSound("sounds/jump.ogg")

Playing code in UPDATPLAYER- Function:
		; jump
		If player\power > 0
			jumpnow = False
			If control_method = 1
				If MouseDown(1) = False
					jumpnow = True
				End If
			Else
				If KeyDown(Player\Controls\keyjump)=False
					jumpnow = True
				End If
			End If
			If jumpnow = True
				Player\xd=Sin(-Player\angle)*Sqr(player\power)
				Player\yd=Cos(-Player\angle)*Sqr(player\power)
				player\power=0
				player\jump = True
				PlaySound jump
			End If
		End If

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#41]
Monsters updated to have a frozen graphic

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#42]
Hay leave ma mouse code alone. lol .. I love it I have to admit.

It is meant for multy player though. in a death match style of game

But seeing some of the comments above got me thinking..

How about.

We make a level editor.

Each level is made up with a set number of coins as said above, BUT the platforms dont drop, you jump up them to a goal.

I also suggest having water bellow you that gets deeper as the game goes on forcing you to keep jumping up.

Also I suggest that you add the bullets back in. BUT. you have to hit each monster a few times. and even then you only freze them, so you can only kill a monster once its frozen by walking onto it.

Let me know what you think.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#43]
I think shooting to totally unnecessary, but that's just me and I've already made this point several times.

Anyway...

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#44]
I'm not keen on shooting in the standard game either.

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2004) [#45]
Nice to see how this game is progressing. I don't like the shooting or mouse control in the standard game either.
And I just made it to a second place in the highscores, with 24400 points :-)

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#46]
I haven't tried the shooting yet, but just thinking about it seems odd. This game is about jumping skill and mastering the physics of jump angle + power.

Rob(Posted 2004) [#47]
Shouldn't multiplayer be a team co-op game? You're fighting against the evil monsters not each other.
Multiplayer is crap if you cannot upsurp your mates and foil them. You need opportunity to be bad.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#48]
I just added an intro story. I made the following changes:

changed Dim TextArray$(20,3) to Dim TextArray$(20,4)
added to the array initialization:
TextArray(0,4) = "For many eons the lowly Blips crawled around the ground, scavenging"
TextArray(1,4) = "what they could find. Although the ground was full of treasures,"
TextArray(2,4) = "like gold and gems, the Blips existed in poverty. Every time"
TextArray(3,4) = "they found any treasure, the Sky Devils would come and take it"
TextArray(4,4) = "away. The poor Blips were powerless to fight back, for they were"
TextArray(5,4) = "trapped on the ground while the Sky Devils lived in the clouds"
TextArray(6,4) = "above them. The Sky Devils mocked the helpless Blips, shouting down"
TextArray(7,4) = "taunts and dropping rocks from the sky."
TextArray(8,4) = ""
TextArray(9,4) = "Every day the Blips looked skyward, dreaming of the riches above, but"
TextArray(10,4) = "never able to reach those heights because they were stuck to the ground."
TextArray(11,4) = "Eventually one Blip, named Bop, learned a marvelous new ability, the"
TextArray(12,4) = "ability To jump! With this new ability, Bop was able to finally end"
TextArray(13,4) = "his crawling and move skyward. Now Bop intends to confront the Sky Devils"
TextArray(14,4) = "and find their legendary horde of stolen gold."
TextArray(15,4) = ""
TextArray(16,4) = "Help brave Bop reclaim the Blips' treasures, but avoid the monsters and"
TextArray(17,4) = "other hazards along the way."

in the main loop replaced "if inputname" with:
	If story
		If height>-450
			DisplayStory(height)
			If stopped = 1 And GetKey()<>0
				stopped = 2
			ElseIf height<70 And stopped = 0
				stopped = 1
			ElseIf stopped<>1
				height = height-4
			EndIf
		Else
			story = False
			inputname = True
			FlushKeys()
		EndIf
	ElseIf inputname

and "inputname = True" with:
			story = True
			height = 500
			stopped = 0

added to the end of the code:
Function DisplayStory(height)
	Color 0,0,0
	Rect 80,height-20,520,400
	Color 255,255,255
	Rect 82,height-18,516,396,0
	For i=0 To 17
		Text(100,height+i*20,TextArray(i,4))
	Next
End Function

ADDITION: Here's a download for the source:
www.moondoggieent.com/downloads/JumpAround-2004-04-22_jh.bb

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#49]
You need to type [/code] instead of [\code]
I think that I have a way of improving Yavins controls, I'll return with it later.

Yan(Posted 2004) [#50]
Changes :-

Tweaked dying sequence
Added weird ass drop down timer wotsit (also acts as a full power alarm)
Tweaked name input
Tweaked 'GetHiscores()' (it wasn't working for me)
Added JHocking's story code...Groovy!
Added Rob's bug eyed monster (and the other 'frozen' versions)
Changed the colour of a couple of the monsters (hope no one minds)
Coins now spin twice as fast
Added Marcus' jump sound/code

Http://freespace.virgin.net/yan.bloke1/storage/JumpAround.zip

YAN

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#51]
the delay is a definite improvement.
Story is cool :)
monster colours look better to me.

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#52]
I wonder what the drop move is in for now, it takes too long time to enable for it to be usefull, and with the delay it's not really a danger anymore. I don't like it the way it is now. Drop move: in or out?

Edit
By the way, why does the game say: "Insert coin"?

Yan(Posted 2004) [#53]
I quite like the drop down. Try it with a shorter delay...

; Drop down if the jump is overpowered
If player\power > 100
  player\power = 100
  If player\pcount < 2
    If (MilliSecs() - player\ptime) > 250
      player\pcount = player\pcount + 1
      PlaySound ping
      player\ptime = MilliSecs()
    EndIf
  Else	  
    player\power = 0
    Player\y=Player\y+5
    player\jump = True
    player\yd = 2.0
    player\pcount = 0
    player\ptime = 0
  EndIf
End If

YAN

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#54]
Added Yan's code to the 'official source' :) Plus new monster behavior!

rsbrowndog(Posted 2004) [#55]
This is FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!!!

Thanks to everyone for all their hard work, I only wish I had something to contribute!

Cheers,

Ryan

Murphy(Posted 2004) [#56]
don't wonder 'bout the scores - will move the DB to my new server tomorrow - witch is stabel, and brand-new :)

so, sorry again.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#57]
Whoah, I just saw the latest version. Where'd those new monsters come from? They look fantastic! Oh, and thanks for adding me to the credits; I forgot about that.

Somebody replace the "Blah blah blah blah" in the intro text with "Collect coins, but don't touch the monsters!"

Also, for reference on how much things have progressed, maybe include the original code in the zip. I keep looking back at that for comparison.

rsbrowndog(Posted 2004) [#58]
Yay! Found something to do!

It's not much, but this will fix the problem of the game failing to start when there is no internet connection.

Add the following global variable:

Global NetConnect=0

And change the GetHiscore() fuction to this:

Function GetHiscore()
	Local points$
	stream=OpenTCPStream( "www.malice.at",80) 
	If Not stream 
		Print "No Connection..." 
	Else 
		NetConnect = 1
		WriteLine stream,"GET "+"/jumparound/getscore.php HTTP/1.0" 
		WriteLine stream,"HOST: "+"www.malice.at" 
		WriteLine stream,""

Repeat
			tmpscore$ = ReadLine$(stream)
			DebugLog "> " + tmpscore$	
		Until Instr(tmpscore$, "<>") > 0

CloseTCPStream stream
	EndIf

If NetConnect = 1
		; Get Highscore list
		OldoffsetA = 1
		For i = 0 To 4
			offsetA = Instr(tmpscore$,"|",OldoffsetA)
			offsetB = Instr(tmpscore$,"<>",offsetA)
			If offsetA<>0 And offsetB<>0
				name$ 	= Mid(tmpscore,oldoffsetA,offsetA-oldoffsetA)
				points$ = Mid(tmpscore,offsetA+1,offsetB-offsetA-1)
				TextArray(i+2,3) = points+" - "+name$
				DebugLog textarray(i+2,3)
			End If
			OldoffsetA = OffsetB+2
			If oldoffsetA = 0 Then Exit
		Next

; Highscorer!
		hiname$ = Left(tmpscore$,Instr(tmpscore$,"|")-1)
		tmpscore$ = Replace(tmpscore$,hiname$ + "|","")
		points$ = Left(tmpscore$,Instr(tmpscore$,"<>")-1)
		highscore = points$

End If

End Function

Cheers,

Ryan

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#59]
Diamonds (1000 Points), Treasure Chests (5000 Points) and rsbrowndog code added!

po(Posted 2004) [#60]
is there a newer zip to download?

Murphy(Posted 2004) [#61]
the newest archive is always linked by the pic, witch fredborg posten in the second post.

Progress - New Server (upgraded hardware) is up and running.
i move the DB to the new server, witch (should) be stable, so go on and hunt the new scores :)
btw. cheater sucks. *hehe*

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#62]
Added simple level system and pause (press P)

You must get the treasure chest to complete the level!

*EDIT* fixed slightly...redownload!

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#63]
Made something so you won't have to type in your name every time the program is started, insert these two pieces:
Reset()

playernamefile=ReadFile("misc\player.name")
If playernamefile Then
	player\name=ReadString(playernamefile)
	CloseFile playernamefile
Else If FileType("misc")<2 Then
	CreateDir "Misc"
End If
Repeat
			If get = 13
				player\name$ = Replace(player\name$," ","_")			
				inputname = False
				namedone = True
				playernamefile=WriteFile("Misc\player.name")
				WriteString playernamefile,player\name$
				CloseFile playernamefile
			ElseIf get = 8

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2004) [#64]
Hmm, your score resets when you enter a new level.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#65]
Fixed now :) And lots more variables to alter the levels! And eBusiness' name saving added as well!

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#66]
Need to add a FlushKeys statement to the end of the name input section (the game pauses at the start if your name contains a P).

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#67]
Done!

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#68]
new zip appears to be corrupt :\

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#69]
I'll make a stack of levels.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#70]
Try again, I've uploaded it again!

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#71]
Added skip level key commands to UpdatePlayer function (for the purpses of testing new levels (Left CTRL+F1)

;skip level
If KeyDown(KEY_CTRL_LEFT) And KeyDown(KEY_F1) Then
	SetLevel(levelnumber+1)
EndIf

*EDIT*
It's a little sensitive, but it works.

rsbrowndog(Posted 2004) [#72]
Wouldn't:

;skip level
If KeyDown(KEY_CTRL_LEFT) And KeyHit(KEY_F1) Then
	SetLevel(levelnumber+1)
EndIf

Work better?

Cheers,

Ryan

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#73]
why yes it would! ooops... :)

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#74]
Could maybe add
Player\ShieldTime = 500

to this section:
		; Level complete!
		If leveltimer2<>0
			If (MilliSecs()-leveltimer2)<5000
				Outline_Text GraphicsWidth()/2,(GraphicsHeight()/2)-10,"Level "+levelnumber,True,True			
				Outline_Text GraphicsWidth()/2,(GraphicsHeight()/2)+10,"Completed!",True,True
				Player\ShieldTime = 500 ;<--------
			Else
				SetLevel(levelnumber+1)
			End If
		End If

so that you don't die when the level is complete.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#75]
Hello all!

I think we're about due for a new thread!

It's looking damn fine incedentally...