Updated Decl/help file function creator thing

Community Forums/Showcase/Updated Decl/help file function creator thing

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#1]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=996

Basically it now creates decl files so your functions highlight and creates help files for them too so it all looks lovely and spangly!

Matty(Posted 2004) [#2]
This is great. Thanks heaps for this. I have just gone through my various functions that I am likely to re use from my current game in any later projects and tidied up the code, added more appropriate comments and with your piece of code have created help files for each of these functions. Really good stuff.

Isaac P(Posted 2004) [#3]
youve been bloody busy lately :)

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#4]
Pleased you like it Matty.

I'm always busy Marc.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thanks - very useful !

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#6]
Rob... Not to step on your toes any, but I thought this was such a great idea I am in the process of writing a stand-alone app just for this very thing.

I currently have it parsing through a file you choose and you have the option of telling it to parse through any includes as well (and includes within includes for that matter). I'm not sure if I'm going to make it so the you can then select specific functions from a list then and export a decls file, or just export all of them and the user can then pick and choose what they want from the text file itself, but either way... Thanks for the idea.

Since you are givin away the code and such I didn't think you'd mind me stepping on your toes a bit. :)

(I didn't use any code from yours, and I'm writing it in VB).

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#7]
great program, I think. But I get 'stream does not exist' on "temp$ = ReadLine(filein)".

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#8]
Looks good.. I think everyone must have missed my one, hehe.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=32435

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#9]
I remember that post now. Thanks for reminding me. :)

RepeatUntil(Posted 2004) [#10]
I don't want to hijack this thread, but Cod2Doc, in addition to be a documentation generator, does also create automatically a decls file + a help file to work with the double F1...