http://skn3.acsv.net/junk/image%20effect.rar

I was bored

aCiD2(Posted 2004) [#2]
screenie? :)

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yeh screnie

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#4]
Pretty cool effect :)

How does it affect the framerate with a bigger sample? say 800x600 or 1024x768?

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#5]
Oh come on man, there's even a third party confirming that this looks cool. Give us a screenshot!

N(Posted 2004) [#6]
Here's a picture you lazy gits.

Can't you folks just download the 500kb rar (not having RAR isn't an excuse)? 0_o

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#7]
I can't decompress RAR. Apparently however that isn't an excuse. Um, I'm afraid of skn3[ac]'s server? How's that for an excuse?

N(Posted 2004) [#8]
No, that's not an excuse either. Reply again when you've got one that doesn't have anything to do with a 'work computer', 'server', 'lack of a program', or 'extreme case of paranoia'.

And download WinRAR. http://www.win-rar.com/index.php It's under 1mb, shouldn't take too long- even for those on 28kbps modems.

cermit(Posted 2004) [#9]
So that's what you see when smoking huh? Cool! This is probaly more healthy then drugs too!
Very nice effect skn3[ac] :)

Hey Noel Cower, is a 2 baud/sec connection a good excuse? I have no idea if that's fast... probaly not, i'll change it to a full 60 Gb hardrive wich is "Read Only Memory" ;)

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#10]
Wait, I think I've got one. A bug in Windows was preventing me from clicking on the link. Do you buy that one?

N(Posted 2004) [#11]
cermit: Nope. I also don't know what speed that is, or even if it is a speed. But apparently you've got the time to waste your bandwidth on posting- so obviously you could also waste it downloading ;)

jhocking: Depends- are you using Internet Explorer?

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#12]
looks nice. I like winrar too .

cermit(Posted 2004) [#13]
Ahh crap :( well i will dl it tomorrow.. im tired Zzz Zzz i like that excuse hehehe :)
And yeah, winrar is the best!

skn3(Posted 2004) [#14]
lol ya lazy gits

Pretty cool effect :)

How does it affect the framerate with a bigger sample? say 800x600 or 1024x768?

Doesn't make a difference, it would just take more ram (array), and I guess to save all those redraws of a large image each frame, could copy rect the area that changes to paste back down when clearing next frame.