Terrain tools

Community Forums/Showcase/Terrain tools

Warren(Posted 2004) [#1]
I spent the day reworking the terrain tools for my next game and I wanted to share with the group. :)

http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?log=248&user=4761

Yes, I know, you could always just look in the worklogs section if you were truly interested but hey - I'm happy so I'm sharing...

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#2]
Cool stuff. Are you planning on releasing that tool? It's a terrain texturing approach I'd be interesting in experimenting with.

Warren(Posted 2004) [#3]
I'm currently developing it for internal use at the moment - to create the islands and such for my game. But if it gets far enough along, you never know...

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#4]
Looks cool. I hope you do decide to release it as I haven`t seen this approach taken with any of the other texturing tools currently available and it looks to work very nicely indeed.

Jason.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#5]
Nice work.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#6]
I remember messing around with the terrian tools in urealed. this looks equally cool.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#7]
Would be an excellent tool !

MRaven(Posted 2004) [#8]
Looks very good... nice work! ;)

Rob(Posted 2004) [#9]
Ouch! cool!

Filax(Posted 2004) [#10]
Really nice using of BCF GUI :)

Regards dear customer :)

Wiebo(Posted 2004) [#11]
Cool. Looks like the stuff I'm working on as wel! :))

Warren(Posted 2004) [#12]
filax

Thanks! Nice work with the BCF code. I had to add a few things here and there but that's why it comes with source, right? :)

wmaass(Posted 2004) [#13]
Awesome! I'm lookng for a tool like this. Hope you consider sharing:)

Warren(Posted 2004) [#14]
I've been thinking about it and I might be able to simply release the source, but you won't be able to compile it without a copy of BCF. Even worse, it won't work properly without my changes to the BCF source code - which means I would need to distribute the BCF source file which I don't think filax would appreciate.

It might be worth doing a source dump eventually though, just to get the idea of what's happening with the meshes and the painting tools...

Filax(Posted 2004) [#15]
Sure ;( don't distribute BCF please.

wmaass(Posted 2004) [#16]
Understood. I have BCF but if you eventually just dumped the soure that would still be usefull. Heck, maybe you and filax should collaborate and put it in TerraEd:)

Smurfpuss(Posted 2004) [#17]
Well must Say EpicBoy that your lanscape editor looks great and if you made it compatible with terraed it woulde be a great little program that coulde be combined with terraed
to make landscapes height maps and paint the terrain

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#18]
Ahhhh yes this looks fab! Keep us posted on a release please.