Worldspin 1.4 coming soon

Community Forums/Showcase/Worldspin 1.4 coming soon

MRaven(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi there Blitzers,

after a long quiet period of time I returned working on Worldspin and wanted to share some screenshots from the upcoming 1.4 update with you. As some of you may recognize these are screenshots of the Worldspin Pro framework and it's not a mistake. :) I use this framework and replace the old 1.3 one. It will be a huge improvement on handling the application, with some nice additions to the feature list. I think the update will be releasable someone in May.

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#2]
Hmmm.... Interesting there MRaven! I was just about to purchase your WorldSpin from the Idigicon Website untill
Filax released the very advanced TerraED 2.0 which is totally awesome!!! It's funny that all of the sudden now that you decide to post here and annonce that you are working on WorldSpin again since it's been like 2 years in the waiting for any updates for the current version of WorldSpin... I guess Filax's TerraED 2.0 got your interest flowing again huh? Well... I collect tools for my arsenal anyways... Let's see what you can come up with in compairison to that of Filax's TerraEd in which I just purchased a copy from him! Good Luck With WorldSpin 1.4

Edwin SI(Posted 2004) [#3]
Aaargh what happened to the great GUI you were using?
It looked GREAT !!!

Will the particle and weather effects be added too?
Can't wait :-)

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#4]
Michael, that transition creator looks very similar to the transition creator you can get off my site! (as far as functionality and name go at least)

Kornflex(Posted 2004) [#5]
Happy to hear WS it's back :), i bought your WS 6 months ago... i'll stay your 1.4 too :)

Regards,

Kissme(Posted 2004) [#6]
Happy to hear that !

Kiss

MRaven(Posted 2004) [#7]
@Doc Who Believe it or not, but it is pure coincidence. I announced this update on my websites forum before Filax spoke about TerraEd here. But anyway, I don't want to "steal" TerraEd customers here and wish Filax the best with his app. There will be a new demo of Worldspin 1.4 coming along, so you can decide which one you prefer.

@Edwin SI It's simple... the GUI I use now is the fastest of all I tried out... maby it isn't that eye candy, but I prefer performance and user friendliness... weather / particle which goes actually hand in hand are not included in the upcoming update, but are planned for the future.

@Rob True, it is a similar concept. I made this when I worked on terrain colormaps. If you insist, I change the name of course.

Filax(Posted 2004) [#8]
MRaven and DoctorWho ! lol :) it is pure coincidence to !
i have try your software , very great job ! i think
integrate some of your ideas under terraed :) you can do
the same think :)

MRaven(Posted 2004) [#9]
Thanks a lot Filax... :) Feel free to be inspired by Worldspin (if there is anything you can get inspired by :))

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#10]
MRaven

Like I said above in my earlier post... Im' a collector of tools! I will most definately will want to check out your newest WorldSpin update! From the other one I tried out and all. I liked it! very much so! So you will probably have me as one of your customers as well! And I do wish you the very best with your WorldSpin project MRaven!

P.S. Can't wait untill the demo is ready!

Filax(Posted 2004) [#11]
Doctor do you receive reg file ?

Falelorn(Posted 2004) [#12]
Hes been talking about the update for a long, long, long time, but its getting close. Cant wait to see it.

Panno(Posted 2004) [#13]
and the name of the gui is ??

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#14]
Object Properties Editor seems a bit uncomplete: how about EntityFX 16? And how about let the user enter a number? Or do you think the average games coder is too dumb to ORize some values? ;)

Looks much better than the last version. Transition Creator looks very useful! Something i needed so many times yet. Congratulations!

MRaven(Posted 2004) [#15]
@jfk I would NEVER think that coders are too dumb :) and you are right, it is uncomplete a the moment. With release all possibilities Blitz3D provides you, will be right there (I hope) :)

@Panno Hm, the name of the gui is...well didn't name it. I wrote it myself and use some native API controls via DLL. The advantage of writing it myself is simple... the gui code doesn't include anything I don't need.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#16]
JFK, You've been able to download Transition Creator off my site for over a year!

Michael, not trying to hijack your thread by the way... looks really cool.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#17]
Rob - that's true. Now I tried to download it, but it didn't work. I checked the source of the blank page I saw and OH NO the download required javascript :) After some copy/paste I was finally able to DL the file from:
http://dutch17.digitalus.nl/~admin26/~robfarley/download/tc.zip

thanks a lot!

Now back to the topic - Michael - verwendest du da etwa Baumtexturen aus meinem Worldbuilder Release? Hüstel - na, ist ja egal.

Falelorn(Posted 2004) [#18]
Mraven,

Do you have a feature list for 1.4?