Egyptian Level rendered in gile[s]

Community Forums/Showcase/Egyptian Level rendered in gile[s]

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#1]
This isn't nothing spectacular or anything like that,
But it is a couple of my first renders with gile[s].
But even so... The levels look really good with the lighting! Even known that the lighting is real basic here!

But im' happy with these early results! This might even turn into a game or something?!? You never know?

Anyways... Here's the Screenshots:

Like I said once before! gile[s] is awesome!!!

P.S. I realize it's dark!! I wanted it that way!

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#2]
Hey Dr. WHo!

Those cats are looking good!

IPete2.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#3]
they're dogs, i'd say. Isn't that nubis or something? No, not newbies. Tho it's spelled the same way. But anyway, we do not really know how the egyptians spelled their language since the hieroglyphs do not contain vocal chars such as a,e,o,u etc.

Nice Lightmapping. You could buy the CSP Interior Package 1, it contains a number of egyptian Textures ;)

However, I wish you good luck and keep up the good work.

ckob(Posted 2004) [#4]
the "dogs" are called jackels which assisted in guarding the owners possesions while they passed into their afterlife so that when they arrived they would still have their possesions. Also the god Anubis had the head of a jackel he was the god of embalming, the use of black color with the dogs also represented death so they would have been guardians.

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#5]
@jfk

Thank's man! But this level isn't really nothing compaired to some of the other guys on here... Like filax's egyptian level which is amazing!!! But thanks for the complement though!

Filax(Posted 2004) [#6]
Nice ! but i little dark ?

skn3(Posted 2004) [#7]
Too dark, even if you wanted it like that ;)

The jackels look good, but you need to sort out a shadow for them perhaps ?

poopla(Posted 2004) [#8]
Anubis isn't it?

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#9]
Yup, it's Anubis. He's usually pictured upright, as a "humanoid", but the head's certainly him.

Gile[s] certainly does make a good job of it, but it would be nice to see Anubis and his brother casting shadows as well, though I understand that you probably avoided doing that in order to get a faster render.

ckob(Posted 2004) [#10]
well the reason those arnt upright is because they are jackels :) the guardians

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#11]
ckob - I see you made your homework. hats off. And indeed, the graveyards are full of spooky dogs over there - the guardians.

ckob(Posted 2004) [#12]
nah :) I studied to be an egyptiantoligist not spelled right I love ancient egypt

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#13]
To All...

Well... I finally took care of my problem with my IDE crashing on me after I updated Blitz3D to the ver.1.86 update. The ScreenShots above at the top of this post where rendered in gile[s] and then exported as an .X file due to me having trouble getting the .B3D exported file to come up correctly in Blitz3D! So therefore... I ended up for the moment, Using the .X file instead of the .B3D due to my issues! The .X file of course doesn't support all the nice features that the .B3D file format does and thus my ScreenShots from gile[s] ended up looking to dark! Well..
Since my version of Blitz3D is working correctly now with the ver.1.86 which is what was needed in order to support the 2X blending that gile[s] exports through the .B3D file format... I have new ScreenShots to post here now showing the correct lighting as it should of been originally! So...
sorry about the dark screenshots guys! These shots are far more better than the ones above! tell me what you think of this early development here!

Thank's All...

And now the new ScreenShots:

Im' going to be adding alot more stuff to this level, this is once again a very early development shot at it's basics!

Filax(Posted 2004) [#14]
It's more luminous ! good ! but for information you can use
Terraed for paste object under your level :) Terraed don't
work only with terrain :)

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#15]
filax

EXCELLENT!!! I will have to try this as soon as my registration code is delivered unto me! Thank's for the information filax!

Filax(Posted 2004) [#16]
i do !

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#17]
Wow,

Dr Who! Looking good and bright now!

IPete2.

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#18]
Thank's alot guys!!

ckob(Posted 2004) [#19]
looking good

you should add some hyroglyphs to the walls to give it a more realistic look and it would be perfect

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#20]
Ok..

But like I said earlier in my post above, These are just early screenshots of this level im' building right now!
It will get better with each pass of detail along the development process!

Thank's again to all!

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#21]
@ckob

you should add some hyroglyphs to the walls to give it a more realistic look and it would be perfect

Ok! So hows this:

Any better?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#22]
Not bad . but you can get much more out of egyptian textures if you use some of those great relief works.
Maybe like this:
http://www.melog.ch/dropper/v30/jpg/screenie5.jpg?

ckob(Posted 2004) [#23]
well I like it alot one thing is maybe add more color to the hyro's check out this site
http://www.thebanmappingproject.com/

it has a bunch of pictures and blue prints to tombs :)

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#24]
@jfk

Not bad . but you can get much more out of egyptian textures if you use some of those great relief works.

Basically... Add more objects to the level for more detail then! Correct?

@ckob

I see what you mean! I do have some textures like that and all... But I didn't think at the time that it would of looked right! I'll try anything though to improve a scene though! And thank's again!

puki(Posted 2004) [#25]
I like that "DoctorWho - especially as it is early stuff.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#26]
Well, basicly I meant a relief can give you the impression of a bumpmap without to use a bumpmap. It will give the illusion of high details while it's only one quad.
Reliefs look better than flat paintings in a lowpoly level IMHO.

Here are some egyptian reliefs:
http://www.biologie.uni-hamburg.de/b-online/afrika/history/history.htm

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#27]
@jfk

Duh!!! My fault man! I misunderstood you there! Ok I see what you mean though! A texture similar to that of a Bumbmapped one would do the trick indeed! I'll check out that link you just posted! Thank's!