Alyridura

Community Forums/Showcase/Alyridura

Akat(Posted 2004) [#1]
any comments?
http://blitzbasic.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=304&gallery=hr&page=2

Akat(Posted 2004) [#2]
sorry... this is the one:

Pepsi(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yeah one, there's no pretty sky with all ther other pretty stuff! :) Very nice! The reflective water is cool looking too.

RetroBooster(Posted 2004) [#4]
It's promissing Akat, most promissing stuff I've been seeing from blitzers outside of the Storm team for a long while. Best of luck with it.

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#5]
Weres the sky sob sob

puki(Posted 2004) [#6]
Very, very nice "Akat" (as I have said before) - this screen looks different (mood-wise) to the other 'Alyridura' screens I have seen. The sky issue isn't too bad (you get the occasional day when there isn't any cloud - and this does look like a tropical place) - I get the impression you are using a low 'CameraRange' to get a fogging effect - Nothing wrong with it though.

What type of game is 'Alyridura' - this particular screenshot makes it look like a point and click 'Monkey Island, type game - but other screenshots I have seen look more like a 'Morrowind'-type RPG.

Tell us a bit about your game "Akat".

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#7]
looks like a nice place to live

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#8]
Looks very nice, although I prefer the moodier shots you posted previously. Just one thing that bothers me. Where is the tree that's being reflected in the water? I can't see a tree that should be reflected there at all, and I can't see another three that looks like the reflected tree anyway.

Like Puki, I'd also be interested to know what type of game it is.

sec05(Posted 2004) [#9]
very nice but a bit bright tho

TheMan(Posted 2004) [#10]
Very Very nice, but I think its good to add sky texture (semi clouded) with some light effects.

Akat(Posted 2004) [#11]
can u guys imagine Lord of the ring return of the king type but in malaysia contents (i mean all the bakground and fighting skill - we use silat instead of kungfu) - actually there was a skybox behind there but this fighting start from dawn until noon ( what u see here is one hour right after dawn horizon coming out - thats why the fogging is still can be seen)

puki: we can control it using keyboard ( camera - relative movement) and fight with mouseclick ( but the fighting is not based on weapon slashing or something... it is 'catch and lock' - type like WWF wrestling though)

Agamer: i played Farcry before - i thought this is a vacation game which u can see beatiful scene around u, and wierd thing is how those guys manage the 'pirates' place become that beutiful???

Sybixus: the tree stay behind the character with lil-bit white coconut tree core...

MegamusZoidus: i dont know, in malaysia, one hour after dawn, it is bright... but dont worry, i can turn down a bit the lightmap

cermit(Posted 2004) [#12]
Nice graphics Akat, very nice :)

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#13]
ummm cocanut