Zombie Apocalypse 3 Alpha 1 In here.

Community Forums/Showcase/Zombie Apocalypse 3 Alpha 1 In here.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hey,

http://www.trandom.com/antony/zombieAlpha1.rar

Engine test,

Features,

Real-time 3D shadows,
Dynamic Bullet-time, that slows down sounds/music too.
Real time 3D Depth of field(3d in the distance goes out of focus, blurry)
Zombies(Of course!) currently with primitive AI, ai will be rewrote once the tech is complete.
Bullets with vapour trails.
3D sound
Locational damage on the zombies.(Headshots always kill ;) )
And more.
-

You can run around, shoot the zombies, invoke bullet time etc.

Two versions included, one with shadows and one without for slower machines.(final version will have options screen of some sort)

*please* post your fps(top left corner) and specs(Just cpu/gpu would be great, nothing else matters)

Controls are-

W,A,S,D =move

R =Free flow Lean. Hold in R and move the mouse the lean around corners.

Q =Free Flow lean and twist. With this you can take cover and quickly peak forward and around to take a pop shot.

Shift = Run

Space =jump (Don't do it. Forgot to fix a silly little bug before I uploaded..grr)

Left mouse button = Shoot gun.

Right mouse button = Precision Mode. Time slows down. Hold in, never runs out.
-

Some times when you shoot near a zombie it will invoke a 'cinemetic' cut to the zombie and time slows and what have you. 1 in 5 chance of this happening.
-

for the record, I get around 20fps without shadows on my p3-800, g5-6000xt. So those of your with a tnt16 on a 300mhz celeron...think twice. ;)
-

Any other comments, good/bad are welcome. Bug reports are not needed, just play and enjoy ;)

Kornflex(Posted 2004) [#2]
Octacon, great work :) very nice game :) Shadows system it's from Swift ?

Regards,

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#3]
Very nice stuff

Check out my BlitzGL

Link please sir?

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#4]
Thanks Korn, Brice.

Miami, http://www.excess.eclipse.co.uk/glBlitz.rar. Then goto general dicussions and find the thread called "Would you pay for a gl engine" or similar, failing that, do a search for glBlitz over at blizCoder. Do so because the version in that link doesn't have pixel/vertex shaders support. Remember it's old ;) (Oh and it's glBlitz btw, guess I got confused ;p)

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thanks ;c)

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#6]
Ant: I hope you will consider releasing the new glBlitz before BMax hits, this is a musthave for use with BlitzPlus.

Magitta(Posted 2004) [#7]
Hmmm, me gets a 404. Is the file still online?

Rob(Posted 2004) [#8]

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#9]
Me too...

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#10]
Removed.

Posting Alpha 2 tonight. Alpha 1 had no frame limiting, as such it was proving either too slow or too fast, shadows wern't matching up on some machines.

Nothing major. Also redone the depth of field fx so it's progressive rather than simple 0 to 100%.

EOF(Posted 2004) [#11]
Can you do a *.zip version for alpha 2?

Rob(Posted 2004) [#12]
Removed.
And you left the dead link because you cannot edit. Editing is for normal people.

Posting Alpha 2 tonight. Alpha 1 had no frame limiting, as such it was proving either too slow or too fast, shadows wern't matching up on some machines.

And so the hype continues... it's the next day and still no sign of our 1fps joy.

Hype... Hype... Hype...

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#13]
There there Rob, everything's going to be OK. Mother Mary's going to buy you a big lollipop and a blue nappy. There there!

Heh, seriously dude, get over it already it already. if you want to see the game so bad, post your e-mail and I'll send it, if not, ssshh. ;)

Rob(Posted 2004) [#14]
Hype... Hype... Hype... The power of Hype...

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#15]
Bore.... Bore... Bore... The power of boring people...

Magitta(Posted 2004) [#16]
So... when will alpha2 be up? It's been night already.. ^_^ I wanna seeeeeeeeee... (Hope i'm not irritating anyone with my annoying sounds...)

Rob(Posted 2004) [#17]
This is the second night actually :) Wells is simply shunting his hand as usual.

Hype it baby, hype it.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#18]
Get over it already, jesus.

Kissme(Posted 2004) [#19]
Don't forget to remove the full source code of Swift shadow system of your package Octacon !

Kiss.

Kornflex(Posted 2004) [#20]
LOL u right :) i have the full sswift shadow source code (Shade.bb) :)

I like Zombie Apocalypse 3 Alpha 1 demo :)

Regards,

Rob(Posted 2004) [#21]
Otacon is so slow isn't he? and so generous with the sswift shadow system :)

And now so popular!

Kornflex(Posted 2004) [#22]
hahahaha Rob :)

Regards,

sswift(Posted 2004) [#23]
Otacon!!!

Don't include the source to my shadow system with your game! You're not allowed to do that... SHEESH. I make little enough off it as it is!

Be more careful next time please.

And Rob, you're not helping by telling people the demo had the system included with it. :-)

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#24]
Yeah sorry Swwift, I removed it nearly immediately. If it's any conselation, I included my own source too. Moment of madness...just zipped the entire folder..

GfK(Posted 2004) [#25]
And Rob, you're not helping by telling people the demo had the system included with it. :-)
It wasn't Rob that mentioned it first - it was KissKool.

Kornflex(Posted 2004) [#26]
Poor Kisskool :)

Regards,

sswift(Posted 2004) [#27]
"Yeah sorry Swwift, I removed it nearly immediately."

Two S's.

And not nearly fast enough. I had one guy email me already asking to buy the system cause he didn't want to use a "pirated" version he got from yuor demo. :-)

"If it's any conselation, I included my own source too."

You're not SELLING your source! :-)

If you want to console me, throw money! :-)

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#28]
I can promise to throw you money if one day I happen to actually make some. Big if.

;)

Jim Teeuwen(Posted 2004) [#29]
the zombiesd could do with a bit more convincing behaciour,.

for a decent frame of reference, look at the Asylum level in Painkiller. Now *those* are zombies! :)

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#30]
Can u mail me the game???

the_replacement_ki11er@...