F-Userlib: Create userlibs for your projects.

Community Forums/Showcase/F-Userlib: Create userlibs for your projects.

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#1]
F-Userlib
F-Userlib will loop through your code and create a userlib from all the functions. It includes function return types and function parameters which makes it ideal for use with the quick-help feature found in most Blitz IDE's.

Download
http://www.f-software.co.uk/index.php?p=downloads

Notes
F-Userlib supports two methods of opening files. If you click on the main exe file it will create an Open dialog so you can browse for the source code. You can also drag and drop your source code onto the main exe file to open it automatically.

F-Userlib is free.

N(Posted 2004) [#2]
Shame it doesn't work with the default Blitz IDE. Might want to add something to strip comments off the back of the string you're writing to the decls file as well.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#3]
Sounds good - Thanks !

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#4]
Noel,

It should work with the default Blitz IDE (I tested it). I'm not sure what you mean about the comments, have you got an example?

Regards,
Chris

N(Posted 2004) [#5]
To quote a decls file generated by it:

SavePosition%(SaveTo$,Offset#) ;Thisistheall-powerfulsave-worldfunction.

Obviously, there's a (apparently parsed and modified by your program) comment after it. Not really a big deal.

This is the function definition:

Function SavePosition(SaveTo$,Offset#=1234.5)		;This is the all-powerful save-world function.

I believe you could go from right to left in the string, if a ';' is found then everything after that in the string is truncated and the loop (you'd want to use a loop for the checking, I'm thinking) is exited.

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#6]
Hi Noel,

I see what you mean now... I've just uploaded a new version which sorts the problem.

Regards,
Chris

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2004) [#7]
I don't know if I understand this, does it create the DLL file?

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#8]
Hi Craig,

It creates a .decls file containing a list of all the functions in your source code.

Decls files are usually used by the compiler to interact with DLLs... all the functions in a Decls file are highlighted by the IDE as if they were built-in functions.

F-Userlib basically makes it so the custom written Functions in your projects are syntax highlighted and also work with the IDEs quick help feature.

Regards,
Chris