Waypoint invaders

Community Forums/Showcase/Waypoint invaders

Nebula(Posted 2004) [#1]

Invaders clone using waypoints. Mindless shooting with 'lots' of explosions.

Weapons :

Nuke : Spacebar - destroys everything in range. Damages your own ship.
Electron Beam : Right mouse - Wipes out waves in seconds using electricity. Needs recharge when empty.
Plasma missile : Low speed, small impact area. Unlimited ammo. ai co-player (f1) can operate it.

http://www.cromdesign.nl/games/wpointinvaders.zip

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#2]
Hmmm, I feel a lot of balancing need to be done, and it's too easy to escape to the shop. Work on it :)

Nebula(Posted 2004) [#3]
Work on it :)

Yeah, I have been :D The shop is the last thing that was added. I noticed its very easy to escape to. I am hoping a large galaxy map with dangerous/friendly area's will solve the hyperjump problem.

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#4]
I'm not shure how the level system work, but it seems to be somewhat random what level you are in. The Ai player activates itself when you are in the shop. Opposite most games this one gets easyer when you progress because of the upgrades. And it's very hard to hit them with the plasma, maybe the opponents shouldn't move that tricky.

Nebula(Posted 2004) [#5]
I am not sure how much time I will invest on this game. But a couple of additional enemy's are planned. The current difficulty method is just a variable that goes up and down and controls the output of ships. This based on time.

The node placement is random at this point. Every waves node progression ends at a node placed near the player, so a diving effect is created.
Having a more structured node placement system would allow more diverse looking movement.