New Battle Pit 2 screenshots

Community Forums/Showcase/New Battle Pit 2 screenshots

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2004) [#1]
Here's some shots from Battle Pit 2, it's been developing slowly(mostly because of lack of time. It's a 1-2 player tournament shooter, you basically run around the screen trying to kill the other player as many times as you can. The shots show two in game shots shoing the characters Bobo(the fat one) and Dizo. The characters currently have 3 weapons each, 3 costumes, and can bleed(thus all the blood on Dizo's face) The other two shots are other characters including Ice Scream(a character from BP1) and a little unamed demonic doll.

Rage_Matrix(Posted 2004) [#2]
Looks really cool! Love the models.

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#3]
awesome shizzl

Zenith(Posted 2004) [#4]
Looks like it'd be a great co-op game! *cough*

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#5]
looks cool

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#6]
The textures and lighting are excellent. The characters are heavily stylized, and although they're not really my style, they're original and they make the game stand out from the crowd, which is certainly a good thing.

The HUD Overlay is very nice too. Yeah, looking forward to seeing more of this.

skn3(Posted 2004) [#7]
Very nice. I hope there will be an online mode ;)

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#8]
It looks great.

I think you should turn it into a gauntlet/ alienbreed/ chaos engine game though. I think just running around killing each other will get boring very quickly.

Just my thoughts though.

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2004) [#9]
Thanks for the comments guys.
I wish there was an online mode, but I'm not advanced enough in Blitz to know how to go about making one.
Rob - As far as it being a gauntlet style game I intend for the "doll" character to be a non player character so when you're battling a friend you also have to fend off an army of dolls. If you like that style of games I did creat a 2D one a while back called Titan : The Infiltrator, here's a screen shot and a link if you want to try it, unfortunately it only got to 2 levels though.

http://www.sideways8-games.com/files/TITAN_BETA_v0.2.zip

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#10]
It looks ACE!!

TheMan(Posted 2004) [#11]
I downloaded the beta but it give me "DLL not found error" when I ran it...

sswift(Posted 2004) [#12]
That infiltrator game is really reminiscent of a game boy color title I was working on once. It had little desks and insects to kill and little filing cabinets, and tiles on the floor. :-)

I think battle pit 2 has nice graphics.

I'd make the liquid in the barrels lower in the barrel, it looks a but odd being all the way up to the lip like that. And it would be cool if you animated bubbles forming and bursting on the surface.

Battle Pit 2 is also reminsicent of another game I was working on. That is what I developed my cel shading system for. It was to have online play with dragons battling it out, though not with guns.

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2004) [#13]
Which DLL does it say its missing

TheMan(Posted 2004) [#14]
CNCS32.dll not found

I'm using Windows 2000 ...

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2004) [#15]
Whoops, I forgot to include it in the .zip, I'll update it sometime tomorrow(or at least thats the plan) but it is in the .zip for some of my other games, here's a link to Battle Pit 1, it includes the DLL, just copy it into the Titan folder.
http://www.sideways8-games.com/files/Bpit.ZIP