My Game Models...

Community Forums/Showcase/My Game Models...

Rage_Matrix(Posted 2004) [#1]
These are some models I'm doing for a game I'm thinking about. You can probably guess the theme from the shots :)
Don't be too harsh if you think they're terrible. These are the first models I've done. :)

Not very happy with the graves (I've redone them twice)...so those will probably be redone at some point. C&C welcome.

electronin(Posted 2004) [#2]
Wow! what modelling tool are you using? I espesially like the stump with the axe in it. I do think the dirt around the graves should be a little lower. Great work though, Rage_Matrix! how far are you into making your game?

Rage_Matrix(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thanks for the comments :) I'm using 3D Studio MAX 4.2

Aside from some "proof of concept" coding, which isn't finished yet, I might add....the above is as far as my game has got. :) I'm new to this modelling stuff and I'm having such a great time, I've not finished the test code yet.

Ice9(Posted 2004) [#4]
I like your Beaver-gnawed-stump-chunker Great idea for a gun.

maverick(Posted 2004) [#5]
Pretty slick
comments are ,, rough up the grave dirt (too gemoetric) or change the texture to a concrete so it`s like a tomb stone.

I also like the steak chucker ,, put black ends of the steak and it could double up as a pencil launcher , hehe

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#6]
not bad. i like the tree model and the gun. you seem to have natural flair for modelling.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#7]
Wahey, you're making a Muffy the Vampire Layer game.

I'm impressed. No wasted poly's, good style, clean edges, nice texturing. I particularly like the stake launcher.

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#8]
Looking good

IPete2.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#9]
Really good - love the Pencil Gun !
Try and get some wording on the gravestone texture "R.I.P" etc or someones name. The House is good but maybe the roof needs a different texture to the walls.

Rage_Matrix(Posted 2004) [#10]
Could be, could be....I'm still playing around with stuff as I'm not sure what looks good yet. Graves need to be changed also....I'm working on a texture for the engraving on the stone.

puki(Posted 2004) [#11]
Good stuff "Rage_Matrix" - really nice.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#12]
Hats off, nice work. I especially like that vampire gun :) and the grave stones only need a nice texture with some writings etc. The house is top work too.

Foppy(Posted 2004) [#13]
Very nice... will this be like a 3D Ghost 'n Goblins? :)

http://screenmania.retrogames.com/c64/03/c64_0064.html

Rage_Matrix(Posted 2004) [#14]
Nah.....think Robotron with zombies and you'll be nearer the mark :) Thanks for the comments, guys.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#15]
Ooh, did somebody mention Robotron? :)

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#16]
Is the axe pick-up-able?

Rage_Matrix(Posted 2004) [#17]
No...the axe in the log is just going to be a static mesh. Its a prop, basically.

Foppy(Posted 2004) [#18]
Imagine a wounded and out-of-ammo player hurrying towards the axe, zombies grabbing at his legs... Ha I made it to the axe, and now... what... aaargh it's a static mesh! AAAAAARGH... I curse you, programmer! May the... AAAARGH....

Rage_Matrix(Posted 2004) [#19]
lol!

Rage_Matrix(Posted 2004) [#20]
Some more models...C&C welcome as usual :)

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#21]
nice models, but the textures need a bit of work

sswift(Posted 2004) [#22]
I cna probly gues the theme?

Is it... American McGee's Hansel and Gretel, where you p;ay the woodsman that saves them from the evil witch living in the cottage that's trying to bake them in an oven, and you get to carry around that cool gun that shoots the logs you've cut down at the witch like spears?

Rage_Matrix(Posted 2004) [#23]
Close....but no. Although you're bang on with the style. :)

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#24]
No it is were you are this mini beaver ad go round the game though there is no way to win as you eat all your guns ammo whihc is made of wood

Rage_Matrix(Posted 2004) [#25]
No, no, no. No beavers. Honestly. Not one. Unless its a *zombie* beaver ;)

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#26]
Sombie beaver I want a model of taht

Rage_Matrix(Posted 2004) [#27]
This is my first completed character model. This is Jack. Jack likes hanging around in cornfields. But don't get too close........Jack likes to make you scream......

Hope you enjoy. :) More stuff on the way, although at the rate this one took to do, probably not for another week or two. :)