Pidge The Penguin VS. The Walruses Of Doom

Community Forums/Showcase/Pidge The Penguin VS. The Walruses Of Doom

po(Posted 2004) [#1]

This is a game where you try to avoid getting hit by walruses that slide by you and, at the same time try to collect snow flakes that will increase your score.

<space Bar> jump
<left and right cursors> move

It is a game I did in 3 days. When a walrus hits a wall, an icicle falls down and you gotta avoid that too.

You can download it in my sig.

googlemesilly(Posted 2004) [#2]
ahh looks so cute ! - lol

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#3]
he he I just played it, it s nice, I got a crap score , ahem about 20 or something.

po(Posted 2004) [#4]
If you have it on 2 walruses you get a higher score.
If you have 1 walrus: 1 snow flake=3 points.
If you have 2: 1 snowflake=5 points.
Does the icon that I made work?

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#5]
Yes the icon seems to work, if you delete the highscore file then the game will crash with a MAV, try always to recreate such files if they are missing, instead of just presuming they exist. And the filesize that you wrote on your page is wrong. You could compress both the exe file, and the ice.bmp file. Fine game thou :)

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2004) [#6]
Cute little game, a nice little touch would be if the surrounding frame, was drawn on top of the rest of the screen. And like eBusiness says, the icon works.

po(Posted 2004) [#7]
And the filesize that you wrote on your page is wrong.

Is there a "real" way of checking the size of a .zip? I just clicked on the zip, and it showed the information of it on the side in the folder. Is that not the correct file size?

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#8]
Is there a "real" way of checking the size of a .zip?

Right click the file in an explorer window, choose properties.
*EDIT*

oh yeah, I got 150 with two walruses

GfK(Posted 2004) [#9]
Yes the icon seems to work, if you delete the highscore file then the game will crash with a MAV
ANY game will stop working if you start deleting random files from its folder.
And the filesize that you wrote on your page is wrong.
Jesus, some people are so f**king pedantic.

Anyway...

Nice little game, maybe with potential to turn it into something educational? For instance, have a question at the bottom of the screen eg "2 + 5 = ?" - you'd then have 4 different snowflakes, one with the right answer on it, three with wrong answers. You'd have to collect the right one to score points.

Whatever - makes a nice change from FPS after FPS... :)

po(Posted 2004) [#10]
Right click the file in an explorer window, choose properties

oops, yeah, I put 565 instead of 865.

oh yeah, I got 150 with two walruses

I got 190! :)

GfK(Posted 2004) [#11]
I scored 175 with 2 walruses.*

I am GOD. :D

*Should that be 'walrii', I wonder?
</pedantic> :)

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#12]

*Should that be 'walrii', I wonder?

I had actually wondered that myself, but didn't want to seem that pedantic ;)

po(Posted 2004) [#13]
Oh mannnn!!! Now I have to edit my source code, zip it, and put it on my site all because of 1 spelling mistake! You guys shouldn't have pointed that out! :)

EDIT: But wait! I think that walruses is the canadian way. My game is canadian, so there!

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#14]
Actually, I think walruses is correct, it's yet another exception to the rules of English grammar.

Panno(Posted 2004) [#15]
rofl po
looks funny

Foppy(Posted 2004) [#16]
A very funny game!

About "walrii", if you were to use that rule it would have to be "walri". Just as some people write "virii" instead of "viri", which is however also wrong and should be "viruses".